Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Caution..this is very corny...



Get it? Corny? It's a corn on the cob plastic grocery bag dispenser. I have no idea why I made it. Ok, I have a small idea. I think I am rebelling against more sweater pattern writing. I really don't like patterns much, they seem so rigid. Besides, I am already months ahead of myself for my fall clothing offerings on Ebay. I should be ready to list a few items next week, and it IS only the 1st day of summer (happy 1st day of summer everyone!). I think I will write up the pattern for this and offer it here soon. It's pretty easy, or at least I thought so. But, in the meantime, if you need to have a corn on the cob plastic bag dispenser, I am offering it for auction on Ebay. I personally love it and would use it daily, but I think my husband would divorce me if I tried hanging it in the new pantry he just built me. Especially since the pretty new pantry door is a french door and everyone would see it. Maybe my mother-in-law would like one....hmmm. Anyway, stay tuned, I will offer the pattern soon, as soon as I get a chance to sit down and type it out. I think it can easily be adapted to create other things, if you want to be creative with it (ie. dog sweater, baby's halloween costume, oven mitts, etc).



3 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my site today. What's ironic is the past couple of days I've been debating whether or not to crochet. I tried teaching myself years ago and gave up after awhile, now I'd love to try it again. Do you know of a good site meant for beginners?

Great site you have.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Kim, I think you should definately crochet, it's very meditative. I was only ever taught how to do the basic chain and single crochet by my sister, who now can't rememeber herself how to do them. Once you get the hang of it, it's all about practice and trying new things. There is a list of tutorials at http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/tutorials.php . Good luck, and let me know how your 1st project turns out!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous charlie said...

hi my name is charlie(female) love your site I have been crocheting for 30 yrs and you are the coolest crocheter ever
Sincerely Yours,
charlie
moenjack2@aol.com

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home