Monday, June 27, 2005

There is a spider under my desk....

I swear to God, it's the size of a dinner plate. Ok, maybe a bit smaller, but not much. It was climbing on the wall behind my desk while I was checking my emails. I yelled "spider!" so that my husband could come and save me. I mean, really, why else get married if they won't kill spiders and open jars? So, whenever I see a spider, I yell "spider!" at which point (without fail) he thinks I yelled "fire!" and runs towards me saying "where?! where?!". Ok, that part is funny. You'd think he'd learn.
The only times in the past that has has failed to kill spiders for me has been when he is in the Afghanistan desert and the spiders there are the size of his head. In that case, I simply put a cup over the spider I see and wait for him to come home and kill it....about 6 months later. I can forgive that situation.
This morning, however, my hero has deserted me. After he realized my office was not in flames, he sent me to get the spider killing weapon....toilet paper. By the time I got back, the beast had crawled behind my desk. So, did my "hero" move the desk in order to kill it? Did he even reach behind? No...he just says "Sorry Babe, gotta go to work. Sorry about the spider." Sorry about the spider? Is he kidding? I can't even put my feet on the floor right now, since I have no idea where it is! I can't type more than 3 letters without looking on the wall to see if it is sitting there eyeballing me. Sigh......my "hero". I'm so not making dinner tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Celeste said...

LOL! Your story made me laugh! I'm still trying to figure out what kind of accent you must have to make "spider" sound like "fire". :)

Hey - thank you for your flower vote! I appreciate it very much.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home