Friday, July 22, 2005

There is a spider in my STASH....and a Ghost, too

Marla, hon, I'm sorry....really I am. But come on. It's in my yarn! I tried to catch it (after taking the picture, of course), but it crawled deeper into my yarn bin. Eeeekkkk. Look, it's on my pretty pretty crochet bag from the Dollarama.


It's just sitting there, laughing at me. Laughing. What am I supposed to do? Ignore it?
Speaking of creepy....The last 2 days I have been catching my cat, Spook, staring at a spot on a wall at the top of my stairs. His nose is actually pressed to the wall and he just sits there staring. That by itself would normally be considered as only somewhat odd, but it gets worse. I have always felt something eerie on the stairs. Actually, it was more than an eerie feeling one night, it was an actual feeling. As in a hand pushing on my shoulder as I crossed the upstairs landing. I was going from the bathroom back to my bedroom and as I passed the stairs, I heard a loud creek further down the stairs. Just as I stopped and turned my head in that direction, something pushed on my right shoulder, propelling me in the direction of my bedroom. Eeeek. I RAN back to bed. I haven't told hubby this. I think he will think I am nuts. Just like ya'll do, I'm sure. But this isn't the only occurance in this house. I often think I see something moving out of the corner of my eye, only to have nothing there when I look. And that always happens in the stairwell.
Ok, scared yet? It's about to get creepier. We recently found out that this house was once a bar in the 70's. We were also told that some people died here in an accident, but we don't know the details. Everyone is assuming that something happened in the basement, where the bar operated, but I think it was the attic. Ya see, at the time this would have occured, the stairs did not exist. The entire upper level of this house was just an unfinished attic with a trap door. So, one night while I was sleeping on my stomach, a "finger" jabbed me in the ribs really really hard and woke me up. I would have thought it was a crazy dream, except that it kept hurting for at least another hour (while I quivered under my blankets). We hadn't been in the house very long at that point, but I discovered later on that right where that "finger" was coming from, was directly over what used to be the trapdoor to the attic (now covered over by my bedroom floor).
So, if ya'll have followed me this far, you may see what my theory is. I think if I ever find out the details of the deaths in my house, it will involve the attic and the space between it and the main floor.
Although the basement is still creepy. What with all the spiders and all.

5 Comments:

Blogger NS said...

The death thing would be interesting to research, I think. Maybe your cat was staring at a bug or something...mine does that all the time, although I can't see the bug until it comes flying out at me. Yikes!

1:40 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

You have to keep us updating on the creepy happenings...weird.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

TARA!!!

Girl you are not nuts!!! Email me to hear the ghost stories from my house.... or my parents' house that is.

And what's funny is... we gave a girl a tin man from my parents' house years ago. She swears ever since then SHE'S had one of our ghosts too!!

Oh this is too funny!!!

Almost made it worth you mentioning the sp....

I GOTTA share this on my blog soon as I get a chance... at least there's another person out there who doesn't think I'm nuts!!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

yech on that ewhhhy spider!
That's wild stuff about your house - you should research out some info on the deaths.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous chorus of chaos said...

hi, popped over from polite_crochet...I have spookies living in my house too! Thankfully, they all seem to be rather friendly, though one is mischievious and likes to hide things..well, none of them like my husband then no one likes him, not even me. (our dog pees in his shoes. I laugh.) When my things go missing I just speak out loud to the air...."look, I know you really like electronics stuff, but please give me back my cell phone, I want to call my mommy!" I turn around, and there it is laying on the stairs (what is it with stairs?) where it most certainly was NOT 30 seconds ago.

I envy you your yarn job and the lovely yarn you get to play with...I'm out of yarn and can't afford any :( (hey, that manager's name wouldn't be Josie Eris Devotee would it? SNORT)

Looking forward to chatting with you on polite crochet!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home