Friday, August 19, 2005

Aarrr! Only a Month Away!

Ahoy there mateys! This is it! We are now officially only one month away from....

INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY (September 19th).

I've been caught with my gaurd down in past years. But not this time. No siree Bob. I will not be the only one that can't speak pirate on September 19th. It is soooo embarrassing. I'm starting to practice now. I'm not making this up, people. This is a serious matter. I suggest you all stop screwing around and get with the program, too. There is lingo to practice, parties to plan, cute little skull and crossbone cakes to bake. But fear not, me hearties. There is time. A whole month. Check this out...er....I mean AVAST!

The top rated pirate joke ever, according to www.ratemypiratejoke.com :

This pirate walks into a bar with a big ship's wheel sticking out of his trousers. The bartender says, "Excuse me, sir, but do you know you have a ship's wheel down the front of your trousers?" And the pirate says... Aaargh, it's driving me nuts!!

Pirate tools:

~The coolest pirate fonts and dingbats ever HERE

~How to plan a pirate party HERE

~Get your pirate nickname HERE (my name is Skylarking Rose *giggle*)

~A very in depth pirate glossary, to help you practice HERE

~And of course, don't forget to visit the original nutjobs that started this holiday HERE . Your mind will be boggled by all of the pirate info, fun and facts.

So there. No more excuses. If you find yourself unable to talk like a pirate on September 19th, you have only yourself to blame. Savvy?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Rose said...

I love your blog. And your sweaters are gorgeous! I have agrophobia too (that's the spider one, right?); but now they're trying to convince me that I have agoraphobia b/c I want to stay home and crochet all the time. oh well :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

OMG Tara, thanks for the reminder! I LOVE pirates and their lore. Arrgggghhh!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home