Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Babble babble babble.....

First, read this news story: Passengers, crew survive fiery crash in Toronto
Ok, so yesterday, I was commenting on how two 'bad things' (car accident, job loss) have happened to me recently. I was wondering what the third thing would be. I wrote in the last entry in this blog "a plane incident, even minor, might just make me a babbling idiot right now," since I am about to fly on a plane this upcoming sunday, and I am completetly terrified while flying. I would like to point out that I made that comment hours before the plane actually crashed. And I realize that everyone survived, and I am completely happy about that. But fears and phobias are not based on rational thoughts. They are emotions. And my emotions are GOING INSANE right now. I can't even think of getting on that plane without starting to cry. I have searched for websites that help with flying fears. They all just quote a bunch of statistics on how many plane crashes there have been and how many people have died. Thanks, that helps. I know that less people die in planes than in cars. This has absolutely nothing to do with rational thoughts and statistics. And if one more person says to me "Oh, you'll be fine," or "Don't be silly, nothing will happen," they just might get a crochet hook in the eye. I am scared. There is nothing I can do about it, at least not before sunday. This is not an attention getting ploy, as my family seems to think. If I could turn this fear off, I would. In a heartbeat. All I can do is get on that plane on Sunday and hope I don't pass out. And get one of my sisters to hook me up with some valium for the ride home.
Babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble...................

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

glad you have a connection for the valium. I was going to suggest asking your Dr for 2 valiums - one for the trip there and one for the trip back - just enough to take the edge off.

2:22 p.m.  
Blogger Debi said...

I was going to suggest the valium, too! I don't enjoy flying either. I usually get sick and feel like I can't breathe on the whole flight. I've recently started watching "LOST", and decided flying is NOT for me. So If you must fly, I'd suggest being knocked out. ;-)

ps. I saw your post on Crochetville and thought I'd check out your blog. You've done it up very nicely!

3:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Photojenic said...

I am SOOOOOOO right there with you! I am ***terrified*** of flying. Funny thing is that my DH is scared to death of hights, but flying doesn't bother him. While I'm perfectly fine with heights, but the thought of flying makes me break out in hives.

I have a BIL who's a pilot for United. Before that he was a pilot in the Navy. He's only had ONE crash his entire flying career, and that was in a helicopter. Obviously flying is safe since he's up in the air ALL the time. But irrational fears are just that....IRRATIONAL! Lol!

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Jana said...

my husband takes ativan for flying, or 3 good shots of scotch:) the ativan works, but he feels groggy after. it helped his fear of flying tremendously!!! and he was super super afraid! seriously

12:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home