Thursday, August 18, 2005

Can I Whine?

Not a lot. And not about anything real big. I know, lately I have been all about the doom and gloom. But not now. Really. I feel better. I'm not peeking around every corner waiting for some tragedy to happen. I just feel like whining a bit. Maybe it's because hubby had his day to whine yesterday. He went back to work today. Phew. Tell me something.....is it funny that he, knowing my very real fear of food poisoning, spent yesterday wondering out loud if his illness was due to undercooked pork chops from the night before? He thinks it's a riot. Men. Ok, bear with me, the whining has just begun.
Whine #1 ~ At what point will my husband stop taking things apart in my house, and start making it look pretty? I think he is getting too much satisfaction from the destruction phase, but I need to see some construction pretty flippin' soon. But it is kinda neat seeing what is under all the layers of our house. There were some pretty crappy handymen in this house at various points throughout the last 100 years. A lot of effort went into to making things ugly. For example:


Notice the number of different paint colors. That's just what was discovered on those 2 walls....so far. We still have a bit of digging to do. Those are the original walls that were underneath the drywall which is being replaced. I know this house was a hippie bar at one point. Were they having LSD induced paint wars?
So, now my kitchen currently looks like this:


But, we are going to Home Depot to order our cabinets this weekend (the nearest Home Depot being an hour and a half away, we have to wait for weekends). And hubby really is good at this whole renovation crap, even if he is new at it. He makes sure to take the time to do it right. Darn it. I wanted to bake brownies. I guess it's KFC for dinner tonight. And we will be using paper plates and plastic utensils till I get a dishwasher.

Whine #2 ~ My wrist hurts. I don't know why. Well, OK, it's an old injury, but it hasn't bothered me in forever. As soon as I was in Edmonton, it was as weak as a wet noodle. I have been wearing my wrist brace almost constantly for 4 days now. And I hate it. And my jaw hurts, too. I was snacking on a danish last night, and I heard my jaw crack a bit. No biggie, it's happened before. But, this morning I woke up feeling like I was punched in the face. Ow. I guess I'll keep Advil in business for a few more days.

Whine #3 ~ I don't have a lot of real life friends. Not because I'm not wonderful. Cuz I am. Just that I move a lot and I can't afford to be friends with people who will get all pissy about me moving away and then deciding to never speak to me again. What adult would do that, you wonder? You'd be amazed. It happens all the time. But, I met a few girls at my job (that I just quit), and we hit it off. And they get the whole I-may-be-a-girl-but-I'm-not-clingy thing. And another girl wants to start a joint crochet and knitting get together group with me. So I got their phone numbers before leaving. And they made me promise to call so we can plane a "date". SO, when I left my last shift, and since I was leaving right away for my trip, I put the phone numbers in my suitcase. Yup. THAT suitcase. The one that was stolen. So, if I want their phone numbers, I have to go into my old work and get them. Without knowing when they are working, so I will have to just keep popping in till I find them. And running into all the managers. I'm sorry, but that just sucks. It's not like there was animosity, but it's a bit akward. How many times in one week can I pretend to be shopping for towels?

Whine #4 ~ There is NOTHING GOOD ON TV!!!


Whine #5 ~ I still don't know what this is:

I'm not sure if I like it yet, either. I'm not getting a vibe from it. I really like the stitch I am using, but I dunno. I think this WIP may go to the WIL (work in limbo) pile. I have other ideas I can work on right now, and a few things to finish up.

Sigh. Ok, I feel better. See. Nothing too bad. Just little whines. And they will all right themselves out eventually. Well, I don't know about #4. We'll just have to wait and see when the new shows start. I thank you all for the oppurtunity to bitch and moan.

3 Comments:

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

You can whine anytime girlie. I love to complain. Makes me feel like I've made some headway on solving the issues I'm complaining about. LOL

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

i feel your pain tara! too bad you dont live closer, we could drown ourselves at timmy's and bitch till the cows come home!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

ROFL Tara, ya haven't read my Thurs. morning post have ya?? It's all about whine whine whine.... so join the club and let's all whine together girl!! LOL

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home