Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Crochet Wednesday

I know, it's supposed to be called Work in Progress Wednesday. I know. And I do have a few WIPs. I don't however, have fully charged batteries for my camera. But I will still talk crochet.
While sitting at my mother's personal little trailer park last week, I decided to crochet something for my only neice. I have determined the I, not my sister, will be her favorite auntie. And what better way to show your love to a 3 year old with an attitude than to make her something special from your heart. Ya, right. So, I took her to the nearest Walmart and let her pick out her yarn. She choose a purple shade of Bernat Soft Boucle. I am so sick of boucle, lately. So, I sat at my mom's trailer paradise and crocheted. It's not like I was going to go swimming. It was only about 20 degrees celcius. And I like to crochet. Yes, I may do it all the time, but why can't it be a vacation thing, too? Here it is in progress:


Here is the finished product. Can't you tell just how much she loves it? I'm sure that her lovely sneer is really just a reflection of her appreciation for her favorite auntie and the work that was put into creating this one of a kind garment for her. I'm just sure.

And just for reference sake, this is where most of the crocheting was done.

That is one of 7 trailers on a 13 acre riverfront property. Oh, and they have a sauna, too. They may be living in trailers, but they still need their comforts.

In other news, my husband is sick sick sick today. And what a big baby he is. But, he actually called in sick today. That's impressive, since he usually refuses to. So, he's upstairs whining in bed. Sigh.

Congrats to Drew!

I just got my first ROAK package ready to mail out! I'm so excited. Are ya'll wondering if it's for you? It might be!

I am working on a project, but I really don't know what it will be yet. Do you ever do that? Just start crocheting without any real idea of the finished product? I am using the cable stitch (according to the Crochet Stitch Bible) and a pretty shade of grey bulk yarn. I'll try to get a picture of it posted once my camera batteries are charged.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

Hey Tara,

wanna run away together and leave our whining husbands in bed?? ROFL Wonder if they'd survive?? Mine actually refuses to call in to work unless he's dying- "someone's gotta pay the bills" he says.

MEN! When I want him to stay home he goes to work. When I'd rather he were at work he's at home being a pain!

Hopefully this antibiotic will kick in soon or I may have to do the Lizzie Borden thing!!

Good luck!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Your nieces sneer is priceless!

What a lovely setting to sit down and crochet in. Lovin' it!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

haha. my mom and step dad live in a trailer too. good ol trailer fun! they love The Trailer Park Boys too! the sweater looks great. wish i could crochet like that without a pattern!

6:03 PM  
Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Thanks for the congrats!! :)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home