Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Looky looky! I've been tagged by Marla!
Idiosyncrasy- a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of yours then tag 5 people if you like.
1. Remember that old sleepover game, Bloody Mary? Ya, I still can't be in a bathroom with the lights off and the door closed.
2. I don't buy new shoes until the ones I am wearing have pretty much fallen off of my feet.
3. I often refer to my childhood using "we" instead of "me". It tends to confuse people who don't know I am a triplet and didn't have my own identity till about 3rd grade.
4. My gravy cannot touch my cranberry sauce. Uck.
5. A lost remote control makes me irrationally angry. I don't know why.
Ok, so now that I have further revealed my nuttiness, I pass this on to, ummm....uhhhh....(who the heck hasn't been tagged yet?)...Ok, Jana, Noricum, Jocelyn, Vanessa and Tracey .

I have nothing really to show for today. Other than grocery shopping, dollar store shopping and linoleum shopping (not the lady, the actual flooring), I spent the morning at the car doctor (what my youngest calls the dealership sevice department). Hubby came home from work late last night and asked if I could take the mini-van in today. The engine light had come on, and the cd player was acting up. I wouldn't know about the cd player, I can barely turn it on. I listen to talk radio all day. I don't think I even own a cd. Hubby does, though. And he said that when he tried to go to the next song, it was jumping all over the place. Ok, I'll get that checked, too. So, we went in. And waited. Forever. With bratty kids that whined about everything. Sigh. Then they came and told me the problems. The engine light? Apparently the gas tank lid wasn't screwed on tight enough. And the cd player? Somebody (not naming any names, but the same one that filled up with gas last) hit the "random" button. So, no probs with the engine or the cd player. Great news, right? Sure, if you don't mind paying 40 bucks to find that out! What a ripoff. And that is what prompted my little dollar store shopping trip. I needed a shopping binge to feel better. And I'm cheap. And jobless. So that's where I binge. Look, I found coffee art:


I have a thing for coffee art. Don't know why. But these are going up in my new kitchen when it's done. I love the "Espresso Yourself" one. That would have been a great blog name (hint hint to anyone looking for a blog name!).
I also have no real projects to talk about right now. I know, how pathetic. I have been in a bit of a rut. I keep starting things, then frogging them. I think it all started with the yarn that was in my stolen suticase. I can't seem to shake it, as sad as that is. It's like no other yarn will be good enough. My goodness, I am a few cards short of a full deck. I'm going to put my mind to writing down at least one pattern tonight. Wish me luck.

And now, I leave you with a joke. I didn't write it. It was emailed to me. I thought it was funny.

When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and said, "I want the men to make two lines: one line for the men who were true heads of their household and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St Peter"Soon, the women were gone and there were two lines of men. The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.God said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you to be the head of your household. You have been disobedient and not fulfilled your purpose. I told you to be the spiritual leader in your family. Of all of you only one obeyed. Learn from him. Tell them, my son, how did you manage to be the only one in this line?"The man replied, "I don't know, my wife told me to stand here."

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

hmmm... I'll have my idiosynracies up shortly - - although it will be tough to pick only 5!
And I LOVE the coffee art! you DID NOT find that at the dollar store, did you?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I sure did! LOL. A buck each...and they are really painted (not a glued-on picture) on real wood and about 15" x 7.5" big. I love the Dollarma.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

ROFL Tara!!

I love the husbands joke... it sounds like Scott! He'll do just about anything anyone tells him. Usually anyway LOL.

Sometimes that can be a pain though....

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

oh my god, i just saw this now. should i still do this or is it too late? sorry:) thanks for thinking of me:)

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home