Tuesday, August 02, 2005

More time to crochet now....

Ok, so my job is out the window. I wasn't fired, but I would have been if I wasn't at work on Sunday....when I will be on a plane to Edmonton to visit my sick sister. I gave them the time-off request almost 2 weeks ago. They could have said something sooner. Whatever. I told them Saturday will be my last shift. It would have happened sooner or later, anyway. I don't have a reliable lifestyle at the moment. With hubby's job (out of town trips) and my family being so far away, and not knowing anyone here to babysit evenings and weekends, it was inevitable that I need time off. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for them to get fed up with me. I'm rather upset. Not cuz the job is gone. I was pretty much done with it anyway. I only worked there to get out of the house and meet people, and the staff there wasn't really all that nice anyway. I'm more upset bcause I am a reliable person, and now it really looks like I am not. And cuz there was yarn there.
Whatever. I didn't want the stupid job anyway.
Anyway, on happier crochet news.....this blog is now a part of the Crochet Blogs site ring. Also, you have to read the little ditty that was posted at Stashaholic. It's a riot. Oh, and the new Crochet Me issue is out. Go read it.
As for the rest of my day, well....I have to go to work. This should be fun. At least I don't need to impress them anymore. And then I will come home and pout. And wait for bad thing #3 to happen (car accident, job loss, ?). I told my sister that I won't get on a plane on Sunday until the third thing has happened. Not that I like bad things, but a plane incident, even minor, might just make me a babbling idiot right now (refer to this post for more info on my impending insanity). That is assuming, of course, that I am not already a babbling idiot, and nobody has told me yet. Ya'll would tell me, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

Glad you're OK Tara! Sorry about the job... I know what it's like... to give your all and then they treat you like dirt over something stupid.

and NO you aren't a babbling idiot!! That's me....

Come on over, we'll pout together.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home