Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Then and Now

I would like to introduce you to S.S. # 6....

(THEN)


Also known as My House....

(NOW)


I needed a slight diversion from my normal routine today. I am in potty training hell. We have been more or less tied to the upstairs bathroom, running frantically for the toilet (and not always making it) for a few days now. We have reached the point of "That's IT! No more diapers for YOU!" Enough is enough. She is completely aware of how the toilet works. She just wants to be stubborn about it. And she likes to argue. About anything. With anyone. And if she has nobody to argue with.....she argues with herself. Or her own body parts. Her feet are constantly yelling at each other. It's a little weird.
So, before sending her out to the yard naked to learn bathroom manners from the dog, I threw a diaper on her and we went out. I took the girls to the public library. I suppose a year and a half of living in the area is enough time to finally get around to it. And, while there, I looked up old local schools. And found a picture of my house. You'll have to excuse the quality. It's a digital picture of a photocopy of a black and white photo. Unfortunately, that is all we found, so far. The only other information was the names of the original school trustees and the farmer that donated the land (we are still a 1 acre corner of that same farm) in the late 1800's (and we already knew all that). And info about when it was a bar would be in the local newspapers, but we would have to narrow down the search to something more than just "a bar in the 1970's" in order to find out more. I'll keep digging, though. In the meantime, I at least know what our little school was called. S.S # 6. Has a nice ring to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

That is totally cool that you were able to find that pic of your house "way back when". It's a cool place Tara!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I love it!
I use to live in an old church. I had a time being ( close ) to my hubby there. It felt like God was watching.... :0

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home