Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What Rhymes With Yarn?

There once was a girl who loved yarn,
She kept her big stash on her farm,
The horses were tangled,
The cows nearly strangled,
And the pigs were tied up in the barn.

I know. Hyuck hyuck hyuck. I was bored while driving and all that was on the radio was the business reprort. So I thought up a yarn poem.
So, hubby is out of town for a few days. Army business. Blowing stuff up, I suppose. That's his job. He has to fly in a bushplane to get there. A bushplane. Don't they watch the news? Those things always go missing. I make him lie to me and tell me that they are hiking in. I swear, that man wants to give me a stroke. And everything that stresses me out, he thinks is fun and wants to do again ("Can I please go back to Afghanistan, please please please can I?"). I bought more yarn, though. Yes, I have a problem. Like any of you can judge me. You know you do it, too. I started a shawl yesterday. I know. I was supposed to write a pattern. I will. Eventually. I really need to use up some yarn, though. And I need to get started on some gifties for family. And I think everyone will want shawls this year. Well, the girls, anyway. And even if they don't, they'll at least be polite and pretend to love it. They'd better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

good one tara!

2:18 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

No judgement here dear. I have a whole room dedicated to my stash!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

It's not a stash unless you have to move part of it to get to the rest of it. ;) LOL
Seriously, one can NEVER have too much yarn Darling.

6:28 PM  
Blogger emy said...

Stash?!
I just used the excuse that I was coaching more students & went to order more knitting & crochet supplies - like I needed them! LOL

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home