Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Good Morning

My goodness. So much to catch up on. Don't worry. It won't all be in one big long rambling post.
My mom just left yesterday. We had a nice visit. She rented about a bazillion movies and spoiled my kids rotten and kept taking us out for dinner and shopping. Love ya, Mom.




Now I have today and tomorrow to get ready....for my dad. Yup. Just when I get rid of one, the next one flies in. My dad has never been here, though, so the house has to look really great. But, as if that wasn't enough, my crazy aunt and uncle are coming for the day on Saturday. I assume to inspect how I am living. I lived with them for a while when I was in high school. They're nuts. And pretty mean. I'll tell ya'll about it someday. For now, I just have to show them that not only am I not living in a ratty little house and feeding my kids canned spaghetti for every meal, but that my house is better than their house! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Screw you!
I'm sorry. That was mean. But kinda fun.
I have been crocheting some. During all of the bazillion movies we watched. By the way, if you haven't seen Hotel Rawanda, you really have to. You just do. Anyway, here's my pretty scarf and hat. It was supposed to be a gift, but I'm gonna keep it. For me. It is made with a cheap tweed style acrylic yarn, and a pattern of one row sc, next row 1 sc, 1 tr, repeat to end. The hat was the same, I just added stiches on the sc rows. I like it. I need to try it with some different yarns.


Oh, and I have a problem. If you have been reading here for a while ya'll know how I feel about flying. Well.....my mom is having a surprise birthday party for my sisters in Edmonton. November 20th. She wants me to be there. It's my birthday, too, obviously. For those that haven't been paying attention, no, it's not a strange coincidence that we all have the same birthday. We're triplets. Duh. I know ya'll are thinking "Well, of course." But, you'd be amazed how many times we've had someone scratching their head, trying to figure it out.
So anyway.....I would have to fly. I just don't know if I can do it again. It's our 30'th birthday, so it's important to my mom and sisters. But I would have to fly. Pretend you are me and have a crippling fear of flying. What would you do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

ignorance of Canada, alert.

Can you take a train to Edmonton?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

LOL. Yes, but it takes a long time, and I will only have 2 days to make the trip and come home. It also costs a lot more than flying, although I don't know why.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow said...

My sister has a set of triplets.

2 girls and a boy. They are almost 4 now.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

drink alot! or take ativan as my hubby does.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

love the scarf. so the second row is 1 sc and then 1 triple? sounds interesting!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home