Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Upside of Hoarding

Loopholes. That's what I need. I am spending too much time cleaning. So I need a few loopholes so I can clean a bit less.
I have a sister that hoards everything that she thinks may someday be of value. We all think she's nuts. She has just about every McDonald's happy meal toy and treat-of-the-week since about 1990. A few even older. She has all kinds of candies, still in the package. Ya know, the kind that is promotional for a toy or movie. Barbie, Spiderman, WWF (before it changed to WWE). She has Buffy and Spike dolls, mint in the boxes. A collection of items from the 2000 New Year's. All of the vintage Nancy Drew hardcovers from the original printing, up to about #60 or so (these were actually mine, but somehow she ended up with them. Whatever, not worth the fight). The family's old Commador 64 computer with about 100 games. Everything. Every surface is covered. And she moves a lot. About every 6 months or so. Nobody will help her move anymore. Too much crap to carry.
But, I have a sneaking feeling that she will be laughing at us some day. Here are a few good reasons to never throw anything away:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Strawberry-Shortcake-Group-I_W0QQitemZ5625542798QQcategoryZ95244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HUGE-LOT-OF-OVER-70-MLP-MY-LITTLE-PONIES-MOSTLY-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ6006646740QQcategoryZ375QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RARE-Nancy-Drew-FULL-SET-Book-1-to-61-Hardbound_W0QQitemZ8007792710QQcategoryZ279QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bet ya'll are kicking yourself. You had all the Strawberry Shortcake dolls too, didn't you? I know I did. And the ponies, too.
So, while I clean and sort my house, I will be content knowing that it's not always a bad thing to hang onto a few things. For investment reasons.
All right....break's over.

4 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

michele sent me. I'm an avid magazine reader and some old magazines I used to just leave in the john are now highly collectible.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Glad you liked the science lesson!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh, I forgot about my 5 years of vintage MAD Magazines that got thrown out! Doh!

1:26 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

OMG, $102 for Strawberry Shortcake??? That's just wrong.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home