Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Boo! Part 2 (This gets really good)

Ok, light of day, full night's sleep, rational thinking and all that. I STILL think I saw something. I'm not telling my husband about this one. He thinks all this ghost stuff stopped a while ago. I just stopped telling him about the creepy stuff. Like the lights that dim down and up again.....and they arn't even on a dimmer switch. I mean, I can be sitting and reading and the lamp right beside me will do that. The power doesn't go out. The bulb doesn't burn out. The lamp on the other side of the room didn't do it.
I know ya'll think I'm nuts. Which is fine. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would rather be crazy than have ghosts. They make pills for crazy. I can handle crazy. But in the meantime, I don't have any pills! And things are freakin' me out!
As far as I can tell, everything that has happened in this house, to me at least, is centered around the stairs. I have no idea why. I know it's a hundred year old house, but the stairs were only built in the late 80's.
As for the tall ghost thing, trust me, it makes sense. All of my imaginary friends and fantasies, for as long as I can remember, have been short like me. Not in a concious way, I just never have to look up or stand on my tippy toes when my knight in shining armor comes to sweep me off my feet. So, seeing a very tall person, almost as tall as a door frame, standing and peeking around a corner, makes me think that it's not my imagination. Like I said before, I can't say for sure what it was, since it was out of the corner of my eye, but it was something.
So, in my desperate need to show ya'll what the hell I'm talking about, I decided to take some quickie pics with my digital camera of the area where I saw something. I used my darling daughter, dressed up in her ballerina costume for just this occasion, to demonstrate where I saw the.....whatever it was. Only it was taller than a 3 year old.
Here's where it gets good. Hold onto your socks.



Check out the odd little white orbs that showed up in the pictures! (not the white circles, I put those there to show you where they are, but if you click on the pics, you can see the biggie version without the white circles drawn on it). I swear to ya'll on the heads of my children, I have not done a thing to cause that. And I took about 6 pictures in a row of that same shot, like I always do (to get the best pictures, of course) and the little balls of light only showed up in these two. Usually I enhance pics a bit before posting them, since my camera sucks, but I haven't even sharpened these images.
All right. Cast your votes. Am I crazy or haunted?

5 Comments:

Blogger scrapbookmom said...

I definately believe in the haunted stuff. I'm a spooky kinda gal. The one way you'll know for sure is to take the pictures again and make sure your camera lense is completely clean and dust free. If you get the same pis then you've got yourself a ghostie. You're not crazy by the way....I can tell crazy from miles away. LOL

PS that yarn stinks to work with!!

1:48 p.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I think you're sharing your home with some guests as well. So you have "coldspots"?

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger noricum said...

Those spots look rather like dust reflecting the light. You should definitely make sure your lens is clean.

About the light dimming, are those lights on different circuits? Dimming lights are caused by "brown outs" where the power dips (as opposed to black-outs, where the power goes off completely). If the lights are on different circuits, that would explain why one dims and the other doesn't. It could also indicate an electrical fault in the lamp, if it's only the one that ever dims.

I'm not saying that ghosts do or don't exist, but some things do have rational explanations that don't involve ghosts.

My dad's girlfriend is convinced there's a ghost living at my dad's house. I lived there for ~17 years, and never saw a ghost. I was occasionally spooked (monsters in the closet type thing), but I attributed that to an overactive imagination.

4:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Roe said...

I think the answer to both of your questions is: yes. I just LOVE a good ghost story.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

I'll vote crazy but I like you anyway, Tara.

I also vote for it being the remnant of a drop of water on the lens. Has that characteristic look. I get that type of artifact anytime I take pictures of the ocean due to the droplets of salt water. I can't explain why it would only be on these two pictures. Maybe the ghosts wiped the lens clean afterwards....

12:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home