Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chickens




BwaaaAAck bwaack bwaack BWAAAcccKK!
Ya. You heard me. I called ya'll chickens. Nobody wants to win a free scary book, eh? Why? Just because it's about the scariest haunted house story EVER, and it showed up in my slightly haunted house without anyone ever remembering how it got there? What's spooky about that?
Ok, fine. But, Barabara was closest without going over. There was $75.05 in CanAYdian Tire money. I'm gonna make you a present, OK, Barbara. You deserve it.
I've got a lot going on right now. I really shouldn't be on this computer at all, but I don't care. It's my happy place.
The roof is leaking somewhere. I don't know where. There is no inside damage that we can find. But it's a hundred year old metal roof. And we can hear the dripping. The problem with metal is, you can't really pinpoint the sound. Me, personally.....well, I don't care. There are rumors and talks at hubbie's work that we'll be posted in a year, anyway. I say we watch for obvious damage and then sell this heap to someone else. (I talk like I don't love my house, but I really do. I know I'll never have another house like this. But it's an army wife thing. Don't get too attached, cuz ya KNOW you're gonna move) But, NO. Hubby won't sleep again till he fixes this leak. At least I convinced him we can at least try to do it ourselves, before we call the only roofer in town that will answer our calls, and who also completely rips us off because he knows he's the only one returning our calls. So, I think we will be removing the drywall from a portion of my bedroom tonight. Fun.
We have a Christmas party to go to on Friday night. Haven't been to one in years. And it's an army function. The only redeeming thing about these parties is the food. They are always well catered. The people though....well, there's a reason we live off base. Individually, army wives are great. I'm not good with them when they group together. Which is what happens, since the husbands all go get drunk and compare tour stories. My choices will be:
1. hang with the army wives and listen to them all bitch about military housing and their husbands careers
2. hang with the boys and pretend I have even the slightest idea what the hell they are talking about
3. hang by the bar and get really drunk
I'm leaning towards number 3.
Then on Staurday we have to go to the inlaws for dinner. And a second birthday. Sigh. It's nice of them, but I would prefer they forget it, like most inlaws do.
AND.....drum roll please.....I've been knitting in the round!

I know, not so exciting to the rest of ya'll, but I LOVE it. As I was finally getting it last night, I kept yelling "Holy Crap! Look at this!" So my husband would dutifully screw up his face and say "That's nice, what is it?" And I would say "I don't know! But it's round!"
I think it may be a legwarmer in the end. Who knows.
And that's about it. Sorry. No more ghost stories. No snow storms or floods. No rants or raves. I can't even talk about the Canadian election, even though I do nothing but talk about it in real life. (I have a 'no politics' rule on the internet. Too much yelling in capital letters) So, sorry. For boring ya'll. I'll work on that. Ya know. On being more interesting. Or at least drunk.

8 Comments:

Blogger Indigo said...

Hello, Michele sent me. I love how you said the computer is your happy place. That's the perfect way to describe it. It's my happy place too. :-)

12:35 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Hey girlie, I just finished knitting some legwarmers too! Fun!

2:50 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

bawk bawk bawk... ;)

3:42 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I don't believe you're a "get drunk at the bar" sort, Tara. Of course I admit the other two choices aren't very good either. Maybe you could go back to the kitchen area and play poker with the staff? Or maybe the other wives would like that!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous netchick said...

Hi Tara! Thanks for visiting my site yesterday!

This post reminds me that I want to get back into knitting!! :)

Buckaw... :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger *Crochet Mom* said...

oh if you have to list your house i can give you a name of someone NOT to get to sell your house...we had him and he was useless...
he let our pipes freeze in the winter (paul was working in TO a few months befor i had to join him, i would have stayed but i was at the end of my high risk prengancy and couldnt chance not being around family)...and it took him MONTHS and MONTHS to sell our house...(he didnt do anything).

9:52 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

*doing happy dance* Yay! Yay! Yay!

Seriously, I never win things. I am very excited!

I most definately AM a chicken! I saw the movie Wrong Turn and had nightmares for months.

and THANKS!! *another happy dance*

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Just call me feathered - took one look at the *prize* and ran - feathers flying and dogs barking!!

Play Yahtzee with the kitchen crew at one company party, was the bestest time I ever had!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home