Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Hat and a Contest

I have an appointment at the CanAYdian Tire to get new...well....tires . Can't says as I ever gone to the CanAYdian Tire for tires before. Don't that beat all. But at least I'll get lots more of the pretty pretty money that they's likes to give me.
In the meantime, something pretty for ya'll.
A hat:


Nuthin fancy. Just a cute hat. Your basic crocheted beanie with a couple of flowers attached to the ear areas, along with some braided yarn. So you can tie it on, ya know. In case you are prone to losing hats. Or, you can let it dangle. Just for poops and giggles.
I'd write ya'll a pattern, but quite frankly, I haven't had enough coffee for that. If you really need one, let me know. I'll go off of public demand.
The yarn is Bernat Chunky. I got it from the fancy yarn store that we fancy folks around here like to call Walmart. Judge all you like. I had a gift certificate from my birthday. And I happen to like cheap yarn. Ya, you heard me. Cheap yarn. Wanna fight about it?
Just for fun, lets have a contest. Whoever can guess closest as to how much Canadian Tire money I have in this photo, gets my copy of The Amityville Horror book (see previous post).

Ok, here's the rules:
~One guess per customer
~Closest without going over wins
~All guesses must be in by 11:59 PM, Eastern Time, on this day November 29th
~Winner must be prepared to email me their mailing address. Don't play if you think I'm planning to stalk you, which I am really just too busy for at the moment, thanks very much. I'm getting new tires.
~Anyone non-CanAYdians that don't know what the heck the money is all about, click here to enlighten yourself. It's a store.
Ok, start guessing!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

lol that hat looks like the one Ron wore in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! Nice :-)

My guess is $363.00. OH, and hi, Michele sent me :-)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Roe said...

I have no idea why I find this so funny but every time I read CanAYdian Tire I crack up!

1:02 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

I refuse to guess, because I can't read scary stories. ;) Looks like you might want to use some of that pretty CanAYdian Tire money on your tires. (Tires, from Canadian Tire... who'd've thunk...)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Holy crap that is a lot of money! My guess is $45.75 but I don't want to win because I hate scary books!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Utopia said...

Heh, I actually like the cheap yarn too. I have some fancy yarn, but it seems to be easier for knitting with tan crochet (and I knit very, very poorly). I buy my yarn at walmart and target and sometimes even dollar stores because I can get a ton of it for fairly cheap and actually make full sized comforter for under $200 (american).

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

so what is the concensus????? that is one shitload of ct money. lol! i can only imagine the look on the clerks face when you handed them that wad!!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home