Monday, November 14, 2005

Hats, Bitches and Bling

We went to the Remembrance ceremonies in Ottawa on Friday. It was cold. Cold=cold weather wear. As in hats, and scarves, and pretty pretty shawls. And, since the biggest bitch in the whole city (more on her later) pushed me out of the way so she could stand right in front of me, I didn't see much. Except hats. So I took pictures of them.
Don't worry. I wasn't snapping pics when it was time to be quiet and remember our heros. I couldn't see anything, but I was still respectful.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get too close to take pics without looking like a raving lunatic and having someone call for the cops, so I had to be sneaky. I would pretend to be admiring the building/statue/flags/politician/etc. directly behind them. The pretty pretty hats just happened to be in my shot. SO, excusing the poor quality, here are a few of the nice ones I saw.


And of course, the cutest hat and scarf there:

The cute kid underneath it doesn't hurt the effect, either.

But, whenever we see cute in this world, strange and ugly is not far behind.

But I digress. I promised you a bitch story, didn't I? I can do one better. Bitch pictures!


"HI! I'm the big bitch that pushed Tara and her little 3 year old out of the way, because I am better then they are. I am richer and taller and I have snotty looking blond hair. But even that is not enough. I must stand with my chin resting on my knuckles so that I look richer and bitchier than all of you. That way, nobody will ever know that after I leave here, I will return to my trailer on the outskirts of town, where I will serve my 12 children Cheetos for dinner because my lazy husband won't stop playing X-box long enough to get a job! Shhh. Don't tell anyone."
I know. Catty. I don't care. She pissed me off. And her husband kept elbowing me in the head. I really hate people sometimes.
But, it wasn't all bad. I got to show off hubby and all his medals. He's a great peice of arm bling.


I notice something about all the military types there. They are very good at eyeballing each other's chests and quickly counting up medals, without seeming obvious. I wonder if they know that they are ALL doing it? But, I wasn't worried, since hubby had more than most there.

He has 6 (and a few commendations that are not showing). There were a few with 7, and and impressive vet with 9 or 10, but mostly 5 was the max. When I commented this to hubby, he said it isn't a contest. WhatEVER! If it isn't a contest, then why do they display them all? And why do they check out each other's racks? Hmmmm?
Overall, it was a fun day. A little chilly, but not too bad. And, on the way out, I saw the strangest thing. I took a pic.


A car got in the way, but look....that dog is entirely white, with a brown head. If it was walking next to a white wall, it would look like a brown floating dog head.
Hey, I don't get out much, so sue me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

Did you know that only Ontario and Quebec don't observe Rememberance Day as a statutory holiday? I found that to be really odd when I was in ON for grad work. Around here, everything shuts down every Nov 11...

6:34 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

You're too funny girl.

Look at how adorable your daughter looks and how handsome your hubby looks! All in all sounds like you had a very productive day. Love that you got pics of the less than savory female character there.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Such a lovely family! You are so lucky to have such a handsome man in uniform! Yum!! It looks cold there...and me here in 80 degree California wishing I could wear all the hats and scarves I knit all summer...

11:56 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

And PS - LOVE what you wrote about that blonde woman. HI - larious!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home