Thursday, November 03, 2005

Random Updates

~Halloween was fun. The kids got a good stash this year. The tall girl was an Egyptian goddess and the short girl was a flying unicorn. There were enough little flying unicorns out there this year to start a little plushy horned uprising, I think.


My neice and nephew were pretty cute, too.


~I've been playing
Bespelled a lot. I have to beat my mom. She's very competitive. And great at most games. But not the word games. I kick ass at word games. My classmates used to call me the Walking Thesaurus. Nobody will ever play Scrabble with me. My last score was somewhere just over 820,000. And I didn't even break a sweat. Beat THAT, Mom! I think she just broke 300,000. Ha ha!

~I just finished a christening poncho for my mom's friend's grandbaby. I'm driving to the next town over today to drop it off. It's pretty cute. I hope it fits. I didn't have a real baby to try it on, and I've never even seen a picture of the baby it's for. I used my old Cabbage Patch doll. His name is Rudy. Well, it was Rudolph, but 7 year old me thought that was too much like the reindeer, so I shortened it. Anyway, I like how it turned out, considering I was winging it completely.


I like how the trim looks, too. I tried about 5 different things, and I liked this one the best. I'll try and get pics of the baby wearing it.


~I've been knitting.


I think I am getting the hang of it, but it still makes me feel pretty dumb. I am so scared of making a mistake right at the end, and then it's ruined. How do you knitters handle the stress of it all? It's going to be a scarf to match my daughter's winter jacket. Maybe, if it works out, I'll try a hat. Or is that too ambitious? Oh, and why are my sides curling up like that? Is it too late to fix it? Not that it matters. I'm going to finish it now, no matter what it looks like. Just so I can finally say I knitted something. Besides a bookmark in Girl Guides. I wonder whatever happened to that bookmark....


~I'm getting really annoyed with the Tim Horton's I go to some mornings. They keep messing up. A LOT. In what universe does "3 cream, 2 sweetener" sound anything like "double double"? And I can't even complain, because I want to go ask them for a job in about a month. Ive been dying to work at a Timmies for years. Don't ask why. I just think I would rock there. Just you wait. If you see cars just flying through the drive through, you can think to yourself, "Wow, that's fast. Must be Tara working there." Really, I just want to get out of the house more. And this Timmie's is a few blocks from the army base. And it's already been proven that I'm a sucker for a boy in a uniform. See:


Coffee, Timbits and army boys. What girl wouldn't spend her evenings that way?

~I have been eating WAY too much Halloween candy.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy d said...

What cute Halloween pictures! Pretty poncho too. That looks like it is so much work. I can't imagine.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

gorgeous Christening outfit - what pattern did you use? I love the knit scarf!! If you start and end each purl row with a k1p1 then it won't roll in on itself.

7:27 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

All of the kids look adorable! And a chicken outfit to boot...very cool.

Hey, your knitting looks ab fab. Keep going!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home