Thursday, December 01, 2005

Elf Jokes

Freebie Friday is coming a day early! Yay!
I won't go into the details, but I have a little issue with my right arm. It's fine, but it hurts, and I may need surgery. But not a big one. I know. Very mysterious, am I not? But trust me. You do NOT want the details. In the meantime, I can't really raise my arm much, but I can use my little mousey and make cute little pictures.


So, here's how it works. If you want random elf jokes for your sidebar (and who the heck doesn't?), just right click on the cute little joke telling elf, choose Properties and copy the ENTIRE url for it. Use that URL to place the picture in your sidebar.
Easy, yes? Don't change the size or anything. If it's too big, sorry. It's 86 pixels wide, so it should fit most sidebars. And the jokes will change on their own every day or 2.
NOTE* This will only work if you use my URL. If you change it to your own photo server, the joke won't change. You'll just get the same lame joke every darn day 'till Christmas. Don't worry about my bandwidth, I have oodles and oodles of it. I pay extra so I can do crap like this.

Oh, and just like the Christmas Spirit, the little elf buggers off after the holidays.

6 Comments:

Blogger dena said...

I'm visiting from michele's today. I love the colors and look of your blog. And that little elf joke..too funny!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I hope your arm gets better soon!

The elf is adorable :) Is it safe to specify his size in the code (not changing the size, just specifying the actual width and height), or is that likely to change? Thanks for putting him up!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Stacey, you can do that. It should be fine.

10:05 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

thanks for the cute little elf. will borrow him for mine too.

hope your arm is better soon!

here via michele today. :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Easy said...

Love the elf! I'm putting it in my sidebar!

I've been home for the last 2 months with a broken leg so I'm right there with ya on the meds.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Easy said...

Oh, and thanks for stopping by!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home