Friday, December 02, 2005

Ooooh...Swirlies!

I would like to start off by telling ya'll that I have never used an illegal drug in my entire 30 years. And not for a lack of opportunity. All my friends growing up were potheads. I was around it all the time. I even rolled their joints when they were too far gone. I just choose not to participate. And I know none of ya'll beleive me. Because nobody ever does. But it's true. And I wasn't a goody-goody, either. I was a baaaddd girl. Was. But I didn't want to get high. And my peers were fine with that. Peer pressure my ass.
"Hey, you wanna smoke a joint with me?"
"No thanks, I'd rather not."
"Ok, more for me."
Some pressure. The closest I ever got was when I was airbrushing for 4 hours straight in a non-ventilated basement. I'm pretty sure I had the munchies that time.
But I may have misjudged.
I think I was a teensy bit stoned last night.
Whatever the doctor gave me for my arm.....wow. Nice. It didn't last long, but it was neat-o. When I closed my eyes, I got dizzy and felt like I would black out, but I didn't. And the colors! Wow. Like I said, it didn't last long.
And then I got to spend the rest of the night in pain and discomfort.
I liked the stoned part, better.
I'm still not giving ya'll the arm details, cuz it's pretty gross, and involves drainage, but it's starting to feel a bit better. And, according to the doctor, I can drink at tonight's party with the meds he gave me.
Woohoo. I may not like the illegal drugs, but the legal ones are GREAT!

8 Comments:

Blogger emaleejayne said...

Drainage? *bleh* I hope its getting better whatever it is.

Have fun at your party!

Oh, and hello, Michele sent me.

10:31 a.m.  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hello via michele!

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Ha! Love your blog. I'll be back. I just found you via Michele's. Hope the arm is feeling better soon.

11:29 a.m.  
Blogger Peri said...

Hi there, Michele sent me.
I am admiring all your crochet items.
I wish i could make a scarf. I've only made a few afghans.

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Hope you are feeling better! Drugs are niiiiccee.... I've only taken the legal ones too (I'm more chicken of the illegal kind) but thank goodness for modern medicine!!

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger Wendy said...

Most of the legal pain killers make my hyperactive. It is crazy to think that for some people it knocks them out...but for me I need to start doing stuff like cleaning the house. Not good when you are recovering from an injury.

Sorry about your arm. I don't get grossed out easily, so feel free to vent to me if you need/want to.

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I hope your arm turns out okay and the recover process isn't too long or too taxing on you. I too like legal drugs. I did try pot a couple of times but it really didnt do much for me. Hoever, I was given Percodan when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I looooved that stuff!

10:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Not many that were actually exposed to it can say that...

9:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home