Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crochet Chart ~ Maple Leaf


I had a bit of response to the crocheted maple leaf in yesterday's post. It was crocheted onto a halter top that was sold on Ebay last year. But, I still have the chart for it. In fact, I have many charts. I L.O.V.E. crocheting images. It's a bit daunting to some, but I have a little secret for you......it's really, really easy. Once you can master the yarn color change, you're good to go. Unfortunately, I'm not the best teacher. But there are a few links that may help at Crochet Pattern Central.

This graph is 30 by 30. In the halter top that I made, I used hdc (half double crochets), but you could also use sc or extended sc. If you use a dc, your image will be too long.

Please keep in mind that this is not a pattern. It is only a chart. To print it, right click your mouse on the image and choose "Print Picture".

I have a whole bunch of charts that will eventually all be posted. Keep watching!

9 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

What lovely models you have, Tara. And that new logo up top is so attractive. The maple leaf makes this perfect for Canadians.

11:09 AM  
Blogger jocelyn said...

Crocheting images is alsoone of myfavorites! But you are right; alot of people are intimidated by it. I especially love to design quilt block patterns for afghans in this technique.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

that's brilliant tara, thanks so much. now i feel like i should use it for something:) thanks for your generosity.

1:47 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Adorable! I'm with ya on the chart thing. I love 'em too (hence the meat dudes).

2:46 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Tara I forgot to ask you...what chart program do you use?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Program? I don't need no steekin' program!
No, I have to make life more difficult, lol. I use a good old box of pencil crayons and some graph paper.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not Canadian but do have 5 maples within my porch viewing, so I love the fall for the colors they have. Thanks for the graph, I'm making potholders to give as gifts for my fall events.

3:07 PM  
Blogger lucystardust said...

Gonna try this in blue for a scarf :)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Maria T said...

I have been looking for a crochet pattern for a Toronto maples leafs logo finely found ! I Am planing to make my twin grandchildrens a scarf with this logo my question is a many chain do I need to start the scarf ? Thank you !!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home