Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy Thursday the 12th...or Saturday the 14th



So.....
ya'll know what tomorrow is, don't you? You know, tomorrow. Tomorrow is Friday. Since today is only Thursday. Or possibly it's Saturday. But it's NOT Friday.

No. It isn't.

Stop arguing. It is not.

Because if this were Friday, it would also be the 13th.

Friday the 13th.

So, it's Thursday. Or possibly Saturday. Because if it were Friday, I would still be in bed. Hiding. And ya'll wouldn't be reading this, because you too, you little paraskevidekatriaphobic, would also be cowering in fear somewhere.

Don't deny it. I know I'm not the only one. There is an estimated 21 million paraskevidekatriaphobics in the US alone, and we all know the people are a lot loonier up here in Canada. So that adds up to....well....a lot more.

I don't think that anyone in a hockey mask is going to kill me tomorrow (or possibly yesterday), but it's still a scary day. Bad, bad things can happen. For example:

~You could get a hole in your sock
~Your dog could run away
~Your cat could run away
~Your dog could run away with your cat
~Your kids could run away (oh wait....)
~You car could break down
~On a deserted road
~In a blizzard
~With no Tim Horton's in walking distance
~You could get fired
~You could get stuck in traffic
~You could get a speeding ticket
~You could totally mess up your latest crochet/knit/cheese sculpture project
~You could get food poisoning
~You could....well..Ok, you get the point.

Just don't DO anything tomorrow (or yesterday)(but if it was yesterday, I'm glad you stayed in and hid, since you wouldn't be able to read this if you hadn't). Don't go to work, don't drive, don't shop (shopping cart accidents, people...hello), don't rent movies, don't FLY, for the sake of my sanity people DO NOT FLY. Oh, please don't fly. Don't even eat, if you can help it. Ok, crackers and water. No cream cheese. Ya never know.

Now, don't be one of those idiots that thinks you can cancel tomorrow (or yesterday) out. Don't be foolish and go walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror or anything. That doesn't work. Not that I ever tried. I was hiding.

But, really folks. Have a good Thursday. Or possibly Saturday. And ignore all those people who tell you it's Friday. They're wrong. Just look at my calendar above with the ever-so-yummy boys from Supernatural on it. Would they lie to you?



13 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Good luck, ahh, tomorrow. Or yesterday, I suppose, depending on when you read this.

Michele sent me.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You know, I've already napped today, so how bad could today be?

Michele sent me!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

Hello, Michele sent me! So it's "paraskevidekatriaphobic" is it? I'm so glad I stayed home! :)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Joan said...

LOL. Awesome. So glad Michele sent me today! I think maybe I already had my bad luck - was already leaving late for work and suddenly my gas gauge dropped to empty. Had to fill up at the nearest gas station, and thus was late to to work. Happy hiding! :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Cin said...

NO TIM HORTON'S IN SIGHT!?!

I think that's the 7th inner ring of hell you're describing there.

I actually like the number 13. It's a family thing, passed down through the generations of crazy women that make up my pedigree. Plus, I actually got married on a Friday the 13th over 7 years ago.

Tonight I'm throwing caution to the wind and going on a date with said spouse - after work we're going to the public market, getting us the makings of a little French picnic and following it up by going to see Les Amants at Pacific Cinematheque.

Happy Friday!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Hi, Tara. thanks for coming by my site and commenting. I visited your blog for the first time this morning -- voted for you, BTW, in a battle! I enjoyed your Friday the 13th post.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous mar said...

Hope you are having an eventless day...Michele sent me, I've been too busy today to realize what a day it is...:D

11:31 AM  
Anonymous chele said...

ummmmmmm can't be that bad it was the day I was born..
Hey wait.. maybe taht is why... um
ahahah
BTW the other Michele sent me...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

I didn't realise until halfway through the day ... but it explained PLENTY!

Hello from Michele today!

12:09 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

[chuckle]

nice one, Tara :-)

Luckily I was poorly today, so spent the day indoors....

cq
Michele sent me

12:12 PM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Other than my son having "girl drama" this morning, my Friday the 13th has been peachy!

Michele sent me. Happy Friday 13th!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hey, whaddyaknow. michele sent me back yet again! hope you don't mind me lurking. if only things were as simple. i'd add skipping my birthday as well - lol! :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Supernatural rocks!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home