Monday, January 16, 2006

Look at the Poncho...Not the kid, the PONCHO

Ok, I get it. She's adorable. Blah Blah Blah. But, before you goo and gush over her, keep this in mind:
This is about the PONCHO.
I am showing off my crocheting here, people.
I am NOT showing off my stunning abilities to create beautiful children. I don't need feedback on that. I already know.

Also...

She's evil. I know I have mentioned this before. But it's true. She hears voices. She walks around the house saying "Red Rum, Red Rum," and she knows what it means, too. I once heard this conversation in the back of the car while I was driving:

"Hey, look. Ducks."
"Those aren't ducks."
"Yes they are."
"No. They aren't."
"Fine, what are they?"
"They're crows. Duh."
"I don't believe you."
"They ARE crows!" (yelling)
"Fine, then! They're crows!" (more yelling)

What's wrong with that? you ask. SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE BACK THERE!

Need more proof? Ok. Her toys bleed a lot, according to her. They always have these mysterious 'accidents' and need medical attention. I think her Care Bear may have 'run into a doorknob', if you catch my drift. Want to see what the mind of an evil 3 year old looks like? CLICK HERE

So, now that you have all been forwarned, look at the poncho.



The PONCHO. Don't look her in the eyes.

It was made using cheapie-pie Red Heart acrylics (what else?) and increasing rounds of triple crochets. And it's now on Ebay. The last sweater sold, for anyone who is curious, but only for the starting bid. Oh well, money is money. It keeps me in yarn.

Ok, now gush. About the poncho. Focus, people!

11 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

I LOVE the poncho! Its so bright & pretty.
I also like as the insight into the 3 year old mind.

11:12 AM  
Blogger valbee said...

Tara, you crack me up. Your daughter cracks me up as well. The poncho and the sweater (and yes, the evil child) are all adorable. I cannot crochet. I have tried to learn but have failed. I don't know if it's because A) I haven't found the right teacher or B) I'm lacking some genetic quality that enables me to figure out how to get past a simple chain stitch. Since I'm a leftie, I learn more toward A.

Thanks for yet another entertaining post!

12:03 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Cute poncho!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

Ha! Watermelon. I love finding new sites via michele's.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Ash said...

Thanks for visiting me Tara!
And...your header quote is one of my favs!
I had to laugh...my kids grew up saying Red Rum, Red Rum...so...ummm...evil parents give birth to evil kids??? *evil laugh*
heehee
Great and funny blog!
Ash

12:44 PM  
Blogger SheCrochets said...

Hee hee... love the Ponies vs. Doras! But you left out the crucial bit... who wins?? LOL

1:39 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

The poncho looks great!

The worst mistake I ever made was to buy my 3 year old the Little People castle, that came with a boulder to dump on people! She spends her days cackling with glee as she squashes her Little People children with the boulder.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

supercute poncho! kid, what kid?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Very cute poncho! Thanks for the insight into the mind of a 3 year old. When my daughter was 3 she was convinced she had won a gold metal at the olympics and proceeded to argue vehemently about it with me. Sheesh! That was exhausting!

6:50 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Tara, both the child and the poncho are wonderful!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

OMFG that poncho is THE cutest thing I have EVER seen!

I would totally bid on it but... well.. it wouldn't go over to well with my 3 little boys! :(

I love it... I want one... but no girl to wear it...

GREAT JOB... love your site... wish I could knit/crochet...

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home