Monday, January 09, 2006

My Lips are Sealed

I am so excited, ya'll, I'm practically vibrating. But I can't talk about it. Because it's politics.
I LOVE politics. But I have a rule for my blog.

Rule #1: Don't EVER discuss politics on this here blog. It pisses people off.

Not that this blog is all about making everyone happy, or that I'm scared to say what I think (cuz I'm not). It's just that this is a crochet blog. I know. I talk about everything else, too. But politics are different. They piss people off.

Me included. But in a good way.

Anyway......for those of you outside the bubble, Canada is having a federal election in two weeks. It's a big one, too. Well, they all are, but this one is extra exciting. And I love it ALL. I love press releases and debates and lawn signs and TV attack ads.....I love it. Election day is like Christmas for me. Because I get to VOTE.

And election night.....oh, don't get me started. A bottle of wine, yelling at the TV, watching all the little zones and constituancies turn different colors. I always have a hangover on the morning after an election.

But, I won't discuss politics. It pisses people off.

So, I will talk crochet. Because wouldn't Canada be a much better place if we all just sat and crocheted a bit each day? I am crocheting a Valentine's day sweater. Not for me. It's a toddler size. Yes, I pretty much only crochet in toddler size. It works for me.

Speaking of which, the last sweater is now up for auction on Ebay, in case anyone is sooooo envious and they HAVE to have it for their own kid. CLICK HERE to see it. Or to bid. No pressure, though.

Ok, so. That's it. Sorry. I'm all about politics right now. But I won't discuss that here. So I don't piss you off.

But I take emails....

10 Comments:

Blogger Uisce said...

I used to have a blog with politics mostly but I gave that up and I'm much happier talking about this and that. Well I don't want to say quite what, people are sensitive about certain subjects. I used to knit, but never learned to crochet. I'm amazed at what people can make with crochet. Oh yeah, I'm visiting from Michele's.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Indigo said...

Hi Michele sent me! I try not to talk about politics on my blog too ... not because it pisses people off, but because usually someone ends up pissing me off. LOL!

1:26 PM  
Blogger amnadeau said...

i was wondering in the page that was showing, as i am canadian,my son whom has been wanting an afghan for so long, wanted me to make him one of the maple leaf, and i just happen to see yours. if you would be so kind as to share your pattern with me,it would help me for next years gift to give him. he would truly treasure this.he is in his late 20's now and i would love to do this for him as a keepsake for him, and a surprise for him. please let me know, what you decide. anna nadeau

3:09 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Anna,
The crocheted maple leaf was part of a halter top I made last summer. It was made using a graph and changing the colors from white to red as I crocheted. I would be happy to post the graph for you, but I will have to create it as a computer image first. Keep your eye on this blog. I will try to get it done tomorrow. It is only about 15cm X 15cm square, but you could make a bunch of squares and sew them together to make an afghan.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Tania said...

I'm happy to find someone else who 'celebrates' election night in the same way I do! :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

greetings from michele

i wouldnt mind canadian politics i dont think, since i wouldnt really understand what was going on anyways. its so hard not to make canada jokes!

actually i do have valid question for you... i really like the canadaian flag crochet picture, do you have something like that in a little boy type sweater? on ebay or ? i would love something so unique and individual for my son. and since we like hockey, the canadian flag would be very cool!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

come on tara..........piss some people off! heeheheheee. we canadians are so pacifist though arent we? i dont know what i am going to do in 2 weeks. i am considering the Green party. i know, sounds crazy and wack-job like. but i just dont care for any of the others...........hehheeheee. oh and i am so jealous! that sweater is adorable. wish i could just whip something like that up:) nice!

5:37 PM  
Blogger happyandblue2 said...

As a fellow Canadian I have to say that you have crocheted one nice Maple Leaf there.
Woohoo Canada. And Canadian polit..crochet..

6:08 PM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Yup, I'm with you on the politics thing...I love to talk politics though. It's difficult not to speak of it on my blog however I usually end up getting pissed so that's why I avoid it. I could rant every single day if I wanted to. Oh yeah, I have that much material!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Hi! I'm your temporary landlord!! If you love crocheting, check out one of the blogs that I visit daily:

www.mpatrizio.blogspot.com

She's awesome!!!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home