Monday, January 30, 2006

Ta Da!

Just a quickie to show off my new purse (my OH so super secret granny square project)! It's really only remarkable in that it is a purse for ME. Also, that it has a matching wallet, which is great since I previously carried all of my bank and credit cards around in my back wallet. Also, that I don't own a sewing machine, so the lining was a PAIN to add in. But, a big must, since I would hate to lose articles from my new purse.

Click for the big pic

The square pattern is from here. I choose to use the square pattern and make my own purse design, though. The sqaures are just whip stitched together. The bottom and sides are single crochets. The handles are extended single crochets.
Now I just need to escape this house so I can try it out in the real world. My purse comes complete with New Year's resolution make-up, car keys for a quick getaway, and a cheesey cheesey romance novel. Shut up. They're a nice distraction.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Looks terrific! I love the colors!

7:51 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Granny Squares!! Here via michele's blogroll comment game today...

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Looks great! So good that you made something for yourself! I never seem to do that....

11:50 p.m.  
Blogger Jana said...

purse looks great tara! i especially love the cheesy novel:p

12:21 a.m.  
Blogger Karen and Rocky said...

Great purse!

8:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Jodie said...

Like the cheesy romance novel. I wish my purse was so empty. I think it produces trash and reciepts just to plauge me. Very hip looking purse.

9:11 p.m.  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Love it!

2:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home