Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Amazing Race Review

Sooo....who watched the Amazing Race last night? Oh, I know. YOU don't watch those stupid reality shows. I know. I get it. Wink wink.

But let's just say you DID watch. Nudge nudge.

Hubby and I have been waiting for it to start forever. Not that WE watch it. NO. Not at all. We don't wait all week for Tuesday night so we can watch the Amazing Race. We don't decide which one of us would do which task if we were ever on that show. Or if they ever LET CANADIANS ON. Nope. Not us. We watch the O.C. instead.

Oh, no, sorry. I can't continue the ruse. I would rather pour acid in my eyes that watch the O.C.

So, yes, we watch A.R. We also watch Survivor and Big Brother. Wanna fight about it?

Back to last night's show. LOVED it. Mostly because these are some of the most ridiculous contestants yet. I won't list them all, but here's a rundown of who I am watching the most:

Dani and Danielle (aka Pink, aka Double D):

"Tee Hee! We love BOYS!" I think I got dumber just watching them. And those OUTFITS. My eyes! But I have a funny feeling about them. I think the dumb may be a bit of an act. And it wouldn't surprise me if the producers play up that angle a bit, too. But, CRIPES, change the outfit, please. Someone is gonna pop a boob.

Dave and Lori (aka the Geeks):

I am TOTALLY rooting for these two. At least for now. I think they are a great big breath of fresh air. Geek air. But the kissy-kissy could start getting annoying. Fast.

BJ and Tyler (aka the Hippies):

Ok, first off, only people under the age of 30 would call these guys 'hippies'. Last I checked, hippes didn't tend to wear peach tuxedo shirts and fur stoles. They are just annoyingly flamboyant. But, I have a confession. As much as I HATED them in the first few scenes, they kinda grew on me. But by the end of the show, I was cheering them on a bit.

Fran and Barry (aka..uh....the Old People, I guess)

It's not that I don't like them. They seem nice. And in normal life, probably pretty smart. And a 40 year marriage. Good for them! I have a little message though:
If you go on the Amazing Race, BRING YOUR DAMN GLASSES!
How many times did they pass by that clue box? Seven? Eight? Did they watch any of the past seasons? They do know what a clue box looks like, don't they? Like I said, I like them. But they need to go.

Lake and Michelle (aka Oh, I don't know. Do they ALL need nicknames? Fine. Mr.Intense and Nurse Betty):

Really. Turn it down a notch, Lake. Do you do your dentistry with that kind of anger? Because I would NOT be your patient. Especially not after seeing how you handled those tools on the motorcycle challange. Wow. Scary, scary stuff. And Michelle. Dude. WHAT are you doing with such a freak. I know he's your boss slash husband, but you really let him treat you that way? You should get some guts and just RIP OFF that stupid air sickness patch he has on. That'll teach 'im.

Lisa and Joni (aka the Frosties):

STOP SCREAMING AND STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR BODILY FUNCTIONS! We don't care if you just peed!

Wanda and Desiree:

Two words: Gilmore Girls.

That's it for now. Some other teams might stand out more in further episodes. But right now, these are my teams to watch.

I was a little surprised they didn't have a Roadblock challange (where only one team member can perform a task, while the other one stands on the side and yells at them how to do it right). Especially since it was a 2 hour show. You'd think they could have fit one in.

And, I HAVE to comment on the helicopter thing. Anyone who is terrified of flying, and I'm included in that fun group, I hate to tell you: A helicopter trip will NOT get you over your fear of planes. It's a TOTALLY different experience. My dad was a helicopter pilot my entire childhood and into my twenties. I love helicopters. It's a beautiful way to travel. It doesn't scare me at all. Well, ok, when they turn a sharp corner, it's a bit scary, but not bad. I don't spend they whole trip thinking I'm about to die. So, sorry, you're not over you're fear of flying yet.

And I did manage to get most of the
Beatrice Shrug finished. Well, I only have 1.5 stripes left. Then it's just the finishing and the tie. I'm in the final stretch now, so hopefully I can hold on and finally finsish a pattern. Preferably before the next Amazing Race.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hmm..where do I start? Me! I watch reality tv and like it! My daughter and I never miss an episode of American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, Dancing w/the Stars, The Apprentice and even Biggest Loser!
Why? Because we're spellbound by the amount of incredible nonsense people will subject themselves to just to be on tv!

Anyway, love your critique. Being from the San Francisco area, I'm really annoyed that they put those two freaks on the show. They are NOT representative of the bay area! Sheesh!

Can't wait until next Tuesday!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks for the update - I missed A.R. last night and was looking forward to the new season.
Can't wait to see Beatrice finished!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

ohohohoh. i totally got sucked in! the hippie guys were hilarious. but i love the nerds! "i'm really good at taking tests" um ok.........if that isnt the most nerdiest thing ever said i dont know what. i love them. kisskiss, i just love them, smoooooch, smoooch. haha. what about "MOJO"? that girl is going to have a meltdown by episode 3 for sure. hubby said "we would totally win this" i said " are you nuts? we'd be scratching each other's eyes out half way to the airport and i would be in a weeping heap of tears by the end of the first leg" fun. looking forward to your reviews! btw, i won my first coffee today in RUTR!!!! yay!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Hey - found you through searching. You and I have similar thoughts so far on the different teams. I was totally annoyed by the Hippies at first but they cracked me up with their commentary. Dave & Lore are my faves of the moment. Here's to more excitement next week!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Wow...what a commentary....I've never watched AR but you make me wish it was Tuesday again! (unless it was on when American Idol was on, then it's a no go!)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Chickity China said...

The Amazing Race is the BEST show on tv!! I'm so glad you watch! I've been watching it since season one first aired. I eagerly await every new season. And I'm trying to block out season 8 and the ridiculously boring family edition.

At work, we have a pool. Eleven people each pay $10 and they pick a team out of a hat. The winner gets $110 when the finale airs. I got Lake and Michelle. I was happy with that team until he opened his mouth. Holy smokes. Intense or what? My team is the next Jonathan and Victoria, I think.

The Bohemian Buddies, BJ and Tyler, are either going to be really, really fun or really, really annoying.

Speaking of annoying...those sisters "Frosties" are already wearing on my nerves...for all the same reasons in your original post. Shut up already, Frosties!

I was yelling at Fran and Barry to get a freaking clue...box. IT'S RIGHT BESIDE YOU...TURN YOUR HEAD!!! Oh, it tired me out to watch them go by it six million times.

The Pink team...one of them graduated at the top of her class so yes...the dumb thing is an act.

Can't wait for next week!

Oh, and Tara...I invite everyone from the pool over to my place and we watch the finale together. If you wanna come over, feel free! LOL! I'm only a few provinces away!

8:59 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Of the shows you list, Tara, I only watch TAR. This season had better be very good because they have some serious karma to overcome. The family edition of TAR really sucked.

I've not seen the first episode of TAR yet. I recorded it and will watch it on Friday or Saturday. My girlfriend missed it so we'll watch it together. I'm even going to roast a turkey for the occasion. LOL

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home