Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm So Weak

I cheated on Beatrice last night.

I couldn't help it.

She just isn't exciting me anymore.

Sure, in the beginning she was fun. A new pattern with some fresh yarn. Who could resist? But now....

It's just chevron stripe after chevron stripe after chevron stripe.....well, wouldn't YOU go in search of something more?

And it's the urges. The urges I've had lately. To design. I can't seem to stop myself. It's like I have no control.

I'm so so sorry Beatrice.

I sure hope she takes me back.


Current Beatrice



The Other Woman (Undentity to be Revealed Later)

Before I continue on with my day, I have a very important question. Why the hell did I dream about a Sock Monkey in every single dream I had last night???? It was so odd. I never have dream themes. And I never remember much of my dreams, either. But a SOCK MONKEY!? I looked in a few dream dictionaries. Not that I put much faith in them, but when faced with a recurring Sock Monkey, what would you do? They mostly just say that a sock can mean you've been hit with news. Like that makes any sense. Or if I look up monkey it says 'To dream of a monkey ,denotes you have deceitful friends that will flatter you to advance their own interest.' Interesting. Nothing about a Sock Monkey.

I wonder how many times I can say Sock Monkey before ya'll stop reading?

In other news...I had my first Roll Up the Rim to Win coffee last night. 'Please Play Again.' The bastards. I want a new TV. I've been cutting back on Tim Horton's coffee, as part of a new budget. But I think the budget needs to be blown. This is the year! This year I will win something bigger than a muffin! Tim Horton's OWES me!

Added later because I forgot to include this earlier. Duh.***

Did anyone watch LOST last night? When Claire was making the little blue baby botie? Was she using a hook or needles? Because I thought I saw needles, but later, when they showed the bootie up close, it looked crocheted to me.

Ok, I'm a loser. Whatever. You're still reading my blog.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Could your dreams be anymore understandable...really...a sock monkey? Check out my BLOG...check out my button (which by the by I don't see on your blog)...it is a SOCK MONKEY....someone is telling you to read my blog....tell the world about my blog!!!!!! Really, that was way too easy. PS. Love the crochet item you "cheated" with!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I know, updating my sidebar in on my to-do list. But that's kinda weird about your button, lol.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I thought Claire had a crochet hook. :o)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Moe said...

I love sock monkeys.

I have never won anything from roll up the rim. NOTHING. Not a cookie, BBQ, muffin, nada.

Thanks for reminding me, I taped LOST last night since I was out at SnB and need to watch the 2nd half...

Your beatrice is going to look fab - good colour choice (they won't induce seizures like the combo Berrocco chose).

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

we should have a tim's challenge. i won a coffee yesterday (not bragging at all, i never win anything) i am getting another today. i am supposed to be budgeting too.........but need tim's more than other things. now, if i use my free coffee cup to get another coffee, do they pour it in a RUTR cup or a plain cup?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

You'll get another RUTR cup. And you can pick whatever size you want, too. So go with extra large, lol. The only time they will use plain cups during the promo is when you want your coffee double cupped or if you order a small.
I'm up for a challange. What's the prize? LOL

11:14 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Okay, I'm gonna give you a kick in the pants. . . look how close you are to finishing Beatrice!! My gosh, you could almost where her! Finish, finish, finish. . . (ulterior motive, I want to she how she completes, so I know what I'm in for with mine;))
~ DAWN

11:39 AM  
Blogger *Crochet Mom* said...

here..try this site:
http://www.freakydreams.com/freaky.htm

I NEVER win on RUTR...
my husband does..ALL THE TIME..buger! LMAO

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

well not so much a challenge, but more of a gathering of statistics. research really. we should keep track of how many coffees we drink, how many prizes won, and how much we spend on the coffee. we can get more people to join.........might be interesting to see just how many of us win stuff:)

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home