Friday, March 24, 2006

The Madcap Adventures of Mama Creep and the Grouch

I have a new blog tenant. And I LOVE her blog. Actually, I decided to accept it after reading her very latest post about the baby catapult car seat. Because the exact same thing happened to me. She was only about 3 weeks old, and the handle on the seat wasn't locked, and I threw her across the room. I mean, she flew. I was horrified. She was OK, but obviously scared, and crying. And, since my husband was in Afghanistan, I called my mom, crying and wailing that I was going to kill the baby before he even got a chance to meet her. And since my sisters and aunt were all sitting right next to my mom, it turned into a hillarious cackling and laughing fest. At the expense of a distraught mother and a freshly tossed 3 week old. And then I swore them all to secrecy. My husband must NEVER know that I almost killed his baby. NEVER. So they all swore on the heads of various loved ones. And they never told.
Hubby was home for about 12 minutes before I cracked and told him. He was cool with it. But he likes to bug my mom about how wrong it was for her to keep it a secret.
So, I relate.
But the rest of her blog is great, too. A lot of baby stuff, but not in that oogly googly cutsie pie way that makes some of us want to vomit. Not that the baby isn't cute, because he really is. Just, ya know. Some of us have been disillusioned by toddlers that are all sugar and sweetness in the outside world, but are actually plotting to kill us in our sleep when nobody is watching. So the only thing real cute about babies is that you have the brief respite from walking and talking and the ability to hold weapons.
And her sidebar has a section that keeps track of who the baby has peed on. Perfect!
AND SHE KNITS!
Ok, now go read it. CLICK HERE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Grouch said...

Awww shucks. Thanks for picking me as your renter...I was so excited when I woke up this morning and got the news! You are very funny and have such a great site, I am proud to be a little thumbnail in your great big Coffee Crochet sea.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

she keeps track of who the kid has peed on? I LOVE the idea of that... mus check her out!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

thanks, great cartoon and neat new tenant. i will have to investigate further!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home