Monday, March 20, 2006

The Scoops

Hi.
How ya'll doin?
I'm alive and kicking, as you can see. Or at least deduce.

So, here's the scoops.

Computer Scoop: It's still broke. I'm working on my really, really old computer right now. It sucks a lot. I know we are not supposed to be mean to the elderly, but I would LOVE to throw this elderly computer on the ground and kick it to death. Is that wrong?

I should be more compassionate. He's had a hard life. A few years ago, when hubby was in Afghanistan, the day before our anniversary, the phone lines just outside my house got hit by lightening. I was painting my office, so I had the computer at an alternate desk. Without a surge protector. It FRIED my modem. And my only contact with hubby was e-mail. And when you have a loved one in a place like that, silly bad things like lightening strikes become bad bad omens. At least if you are crazy like me, they do. So, I rushed my computer to the cheapest and fastest repair place. And I got what I paid for. This damn computer never worked the same way again. I can only sometimes get online. And it doesn't always stay online. And Heaven help me if somebody calls whiles I am online. Mr. Computer takes a nosedive into the pavement if that happens. So please don't call me right now.

I'm in the process of getting the 'good one' fixed. I have to decide what to do. I can either pay a bunch of money to some people that I don't entirely trust and I'm pretty sure would rip me off, but most likely know what they are doing.....or I can borrow a 'thing' from a friend (a 'thing' of which I won't describe, just in case any of ya'll are spies for someone very rich with the initials B.G.,. and you know who you are, you dirty dirty spies) and do it myself, which I'm fairly certain I can do, but sometimes I'm fairly certain I can time travel, too, so that doesn't say much.

Bathroom Reno Scoop: I have a beautiful downstairs bathroom! Ok, almost. We have everything done except the bathtub tiles. And if I close the shower curtain, that doesn't bother me at all. I'm hoping they get done soon. I think, though, that perhaps my husband and I have RADD. That's Renovation Attention Deficit Disorder.

We can't seem to focus on one thing anymore. Before the bathroom was even dry, hubby was building a new front closet and I was refinishing the wood bannister. Oh, and in between he moved a light switch over by about 3 inches. Just to balance out a wall.

What the hell is wrong with us?

But the rest of the bathroom is really, really pretty. And if I can manage to get pictures onto this old peice of crap, I'll show ya'll. Eventually.

Cartoon Scoop: I have a few more cartoons. Guess where they are. Nope, not the zoo. That was a dumb answer. Who said that? Stop reading my blog, dummy. All of you that said 'the stupid dead computer', you can stay.
So, I either have to wait to get back on there, or thank my lucky stars that I have my graphics programs on this computer, too. And I can play some more. Yay.
Yes, I have tried to contact a few mags, but nobody has replied. If anyone reading this here blog happens to publish a magazine and you have time to kill by reading this here blog, and assuming you're not the dummy that said 'zoo', give me a jingle.

Crochet and Knit Scoop: Ummm.....how many fingers do ya'll have? Because I may need a few of them to count up all of my ongoing projects. I think it was the renovation blitz. It had me going in eighteen different directions. I have a knit and crochet shawl in Caron Simply Soft white. There's a knit blanket made with rainbow sqaures of garter stitch using scrap yarn. I have a hat on the go using my new bamboo circular needles. There is a friend of my mom's that wants a baby poncho for every baby she knows. Some not even born yet. And I also have a new granny square toddler poncho on the hooks. It's very different from other ponhcos. Really. I'm serious. Stop laughing. I might even write out the pattern. If you stop laughing.

Kid Scoop: The oldest brat is going to get her hair chopped off tonight, because she hasn't been taking care of it and it's a big ratty mess. So she can have short hair until she learns to take care of it. Oh, I know. I'm such a mean mom. Deal with it.
The youngest brat is currently trying to eat the cat with her cow flashlight. And she's been getting up really early lately. And she won't stop talking. And whenever I hear her voice, my eye twitch gets worse.

Health Scoop: Speaking of the eye twitch. I have a Cat Scan on the 12th. Why they want to scan my cat, I don't know. Just kidding. I'm not that dumb. Or at least I don't think I am. Maybe the scan will tell me.
And no new armpit cysts. yes, I said cyst. I don't call them zits anymore. I've grown. I've matured.


So, now I am going to try posting this and hope and pray that my internet connection doesn't fail halfway through. But I'm here. I'm around. I'll do all the visiting I can within the limits of my computer. And hopefully I can send it to 'retirement' soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

Hmmm... perhaps sending it off on an ice floe would be appropriate? ;)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I say give it a Viking burial - set it on a raft, set it ablaze and push it off to sea!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ah yes,I'm familiar with that "throw the thing off the roof" feeling. Hope you can get all things electronic back to normal soon.

I can relate to the girl-hair issue. Unfortunately, even if my daughter deigns to brush her hair, it still looks like a rats nest. Oh well, she's on the cusp of hair obession, I guess I'll wait for that to kick in.

Great to see you back in blogland. :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I love your cartoons. I am new to blogging and stumbled across yours. Feel really good about getting your projects even mostly finishe. My hubby and I have tried to redo things in our house and needless to say my bathroom looks like a bomb exploded in there LOL. As for the hair, My daughter was the same way and I still fight with her today over her hair(she is 14). Good luck with your computer.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I know what you mean about needing more fingers. I have way too many projects going on right now.

9:22 AM  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

I have RADD too...it must be contagious!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Hey...at least your sense of humor is broke...you're still as funny as ever!!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home