Thursday, March 02, 2006

Wah-LA!

I buckled down. I finished Beatrice this afternoon. I watched a lot of bad daytime TV for that girl.


The yarn was LionBrand Sportweight Wool-Ease. I got it a LONG time ago, and this seemed like a good project to use it on.


I don't know that I will make this one again. As you can see, it fits my 12 year old daughter. Not me. And that's OK. It was divine intervention. Now that it's finished, I can see how it wouldn't look right on me. I am short and have no torso. Ok, a short torso. Whatever.


I think if I DID make another one, I would use a less stretchy yarn, and maybe a bigger hook. At least for the chevron part.


Overall, I'm just impressed I finished a whole pattern. Except the fringe, but that wasn't lazy. I just didn't like the fringe.


Now I can get back to designing. Without the guilt.

11 Comments:

Blogger *Crochet Mom* said...

looks REALLY good on your daughter! :)

yahhh for finishing it! it's beautiful!!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Nice job! Now what was the purple and white thing gonna be? I'm anxious to find out cause I love the color combo!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Chickity China said...

Very nice!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Indigo said...

WOW! You did a great job!! I tried crochet last year and it make my fingers and forearm ache.

Michele sent me tonight!

11:07 PM  
Blogger SheCrochets said...

Even if it came out fitting your daughter, it looks great! Congrats on finishing a project!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! Congrats on finishing!!!!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Looks terrific! Very cute on your daughter.

I know what you mean about shrugs. I probably will never make one since I know it wouldn't look very flattering in this middle aged body.

Can't wait to see your next design. :)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

congratulations on a job well done. May your daughter wear it in good health.

Now---what's next?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I like it - I'd been looking at that pattern and thinking about it. I just have SO much on my "to do" list already

11:48 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great job! Its very pretty. My daughter would love it. she is 11. :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

That is very beautiful.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home