Friday, April 07, 2006

Choo-Choo

I need a maid.
And a cook.
And a nanny.
And a few young and shirtless handymen.

Any applicants? No?

Fine. I guess I'm on my own. That's just fine. I've got my coffee to get me through. Yes, I am still on the bean. I did completely give up Aspartame, though, and it seems to have helped lessen the migraines a bit.

I knew it wasn't the coffee. It wouldn't betray me that way.

Is it me, or am I completely rambling? Because if there ever was a train of thought to this post, it pulled out of the station without me.

And is it just me, or is Madonna starting to look more and more like Cathrine Willows, the slutty cougar mom from CSI?




Also....where is Shane on Survivor getting the crack cocaine from? It's an island. Are the locals sneaking it to him? The camera dudes? Maybe the producers just want to keep it interesting and are hoping he has an overdose. Is he sharing with the rest of them? Is that why they are doing his evil bidding and voting off whoever he says, knowing full well that he will stab them all in back for a drag off of a cigarette found in the gutter? Sheesh. Won't they feel embarrassed once the drugs wear off and they are all sitting in the jury box with matching "Boston" tattoos.

What was I talking about again?

Oh, right. Coffee. I'm going out for coffee tonight. Woohoo. Escape. Without kids and hubby. Of course, it's with a friend that was terrorized by fiber arts as a kid, so I can't talk shop with her. Her mom was a knitter and crocheter. Poor kid had "Stop talking, I'm counting!" yelled at her one too many times. Now, if I even try to mention yarn, her eyes get a kind of glassy look.

In the meantime, I am working on too many things again. I have a few projects that are about 90 percent done, which we all know is the most likely time for them to be put down and never picked back up again. I am determined to finish them, though. I also have about 5 patterns from past projects to type up, and a half dozen new ideas for patterns I haven't written yet.

My banister is ALMOST done, but it needs a few more coats. Lots of sticky fingers will be touching each and every spindle on the way up and down those stairs, so I want to be sure there is a lot of protective layers of paint.

My house is a mess. Which brings me back to requiring a maid. Sigh.

Now, where is that train?

11 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow said...

Hello via Michele's M&G.

Hope you enjoyed the coffee. I recently (December) became a coffee-holic.

Drink way too much of it!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger indigo said...

hi Tara...Michele sent me. Have great weekend!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Michko said...

Hello from Michele's

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Terri said...

Visiting via Michele...I can relate to your blog.
LOVE my coffee and also am addicted to knitting! Ah...there could be worse things in life, right?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

I'm here from Michele's.

crocheter -- This word? If you're not really clued in to the root of it? Yeah... Turns out sounding not at all how it should.

I'm with you on the maid thing. But then I know I'd have to clean up for the maid, so maybe that defeats the whole purpose.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

LOL - nice post. I think we are in the same mindset today!

Here from Michele

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Cyndy said...

Hi there! Hope you find some coffee, you might need it! ;)
Here via Michele cause you came to me via Michele and on and on! Have a nice Friday

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

yep i agree, madonna is looking more like a smoked out drag queen everyday. i dont know if she is having surgery or botox or what, but her face looks tight and very tired. i wish i had her body though.

4:08 PM  
Blogger celticross17 said...

Hahaha I am constantly yelling, "stop talking, I'm trying to count!" at my husband, poor guy. No wonder he always tells me he has flashbacks of his grandmother when he sees me crocheting, it's payback for the yelling....

7:11 PM  
Blogger sissie said...

Hello i fully agree about the shan thing! I mean man He wanted off the Island at one time!! WHY DIDN'T THEY LET HIM GO?!!! Thats ok I think terri will take him out :))

11:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Going off aspartame definitely got rid of my constant headaches (weren't migraines though). It took about five weeks for the extent of the change to become obvious (and I lost 20 pounds despite gorging on half-price after-Valentine's day candy at the time, which really was an amusing surprise). So now I don't touch the stuff.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home