Thursday, April 13, 2006

Random Notes

~Yesterday I got a CatScan done at the hospital. And, after everyone asking me if I was OK, or scared, or if I wanted them to go with me to hold my hand, it was quite overwhelmingly unterrifying. I've had a worse time going to the movies. It was fast, completely painless, and I didn't even have to wear a paper hospital dress. It seemed a little like a smaller version of Stargate, or a great orbiting Cheerio. And it took about 2 minutes.

So, now I just have to wait and see if my doctor finds a tumor.

(Ok, everyone together now, in their best Arnold voice..."It's NAAAWt a tUUUmor.")

~My computer is also getting there. Not exactly the same as before, but I can't complain too much. I still can't get my favorites back. That sucks the most. So, for now, I am adding the blogs of anyone who replies to my posts to my computer's fav list. If I haven't visited you in a while, say 'hey' so I can remember how to get to your place.

~My patterns are going swimmingly. My testers have been busy little bees. I have another pattern just about written up that has been previously tested, so it's about ready to go, too. The hold-up was mostly photos, since I couldn't get my camera to upload to the other computer. But I can get them now. So now I just have to get my model to cooperate, and the sun to come out for ten whole minutes.

~Dinner will be a lovely a split pea soup made with Monday's birthday ham, served with sandwiches. Sandwiches are my husband's fav food. When he came home from Afghanistan the 1st time, he was interviewed at the airport for the news. He still had yet to see me and the oldest, and he hadn't even met the little one yet (she was 3 months). So the reporter asked him what he was looking forward to now that he was home after so long. He said "I just want to get home and see my kids and have a sandwich."

Hello? Sandwich? And what about your WIFE!?

So I now get to bug him endlessly about that, especially when I make sandwiches for dinner.

~My coffee is tasting off. It's kinda icky. It's the Cuisinart coffee maker that uses water filters, and when the filters are done, you can really tell. So, do I pour it out and suffer, or plug my nose and get my caffeine dose? Dilemma, yes?

~YAY! Lake and Michelle are gone! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA! Suckas!

~I was kind of impressed by Fran's bungee jump on The Amazing Race last night. Actually, really impressed. We used to pull our trampoline over to the garage when our parents were out, climb up to the roof via the shed, then jump off. Or, at least, everybody else would. I would just stand at the edge of the roof and stare the whole 5 and half feet down to the bouncy and virtually painless landing surface and then.....freeze. And stay there frozen until we saw a car pull into the end of the street and I had to get my ass off the roof as fast as possible so we wouldn't get busted. So, if I were Fran, and I got stuck doing that on the Amazing Race, I would probably still be standing there. At least until my husband got fed up and pushed me.

~That's it for now. Go see my tenant if you haven't already. Click on the thumbnail in the sidebar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nichole R. said...

Just thought I would say hello and let you know I love your blog- makes me smile (and usually laugh) every day!

10:31 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

"hey"

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hiya!
Yay! Those awful people are off of AR! Now we don't have to see anymore of their weird clothing or hear any more verbal abuse. Sheesh!
I'm sure your honey was missing you incredibly. Some things go without saying. :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous valbee said...

Hold your nose and get the caffeine dose. :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Chickity China said...

Yeah. Lake and Michelle are gone. And so is my chance at $110.00 from our office pool. But I'm totally ok with that just knowing I won't have to listen to his twangy yanging any more, dang it!

And yes...Fran was amazing. She dind't even hesitate when she went to jump off. She was talking about how scared she was, but once they said, "3...2...1..." she just jumped. Very impressive. My stomach was churning just watching them run across the bridge so I certainly couldn't have done that task.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Sounds like your making progress on your computer....when you're all done it will probably be better than before!!! Good luck on the Head Test! You better keep us informed!!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

It's NAAAWt a tUUUmor!

And just remember - I like being right.

I say again, "It's NAAAWt a tUUUmor"

Cas

10:06 AM  
Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Did you get the impression that Michelle is only staying in that marriage for the kids??? I would have smacked that Lake guy myself....

Take care!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home