Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So. Here I am. Back on my old computer. Well, my old new computer, I guess. Whatever. It's been fixed. Woohoo.

What? I don't sound excited enough? What's my deal-io, you ask?

Ya. I got my computer back. Just like new. Like, BRAND NEW. With nothing on it. No files, no programs, no plug-ins, NOTHING.

Oh, wait. That's not true. There's a whole pile of picture and music files that were saved.
FOR MY HUSBAND! Who only uses the computer to play games and listen to music!

So, when the computer store told me that they had to replace the entire drive, and that they could transfer some files over to a slave drive and save some (ya. I just pretended I knew what that meant, too), and they asked me what the most important things to save were....well, why the HELL did they bother asking!

I specifically said that the music and games can go, but ALL IMAGE FILES NEED TO BE SAVED. Nope. Nothing of mine.

And get this! All of my husband's AND my oldest daughter's Favorites settings were saved. Mine? Nope. Not one. I have to start from scratch. Hundreds of crochet patterns, dozens of graphic and stock photo sources, all of the blogs that I hadn't had a chance to put on my blogroll, EVERYTHING. GONE!

I know. It's my own fault. I didn't back up. I know. And this happens on computers, I know. And I wouldn't be so mad if ALL of it was gone.

But, no. It's JUST MY STUFF.

From the computer store that is trying to accuse me of stealing a Windows XP cd and passing it on to friends.

I don't even know anybody here that would want it!

Anyway. Today will be spent trying to restore my poor computer to it's former glory. I have quite a bit to do, I think.

So, since I am busy, you should go and visit my new tenant,
Southern Gal Goes North. Today's post has a link to a quiz to find out which Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion you are. My results are:
You are Heather Mooney! You're really smart, but WOW are you ever surly. You swear, drink, and smoke, and are brutally honest. You are outspoken and sarcastic, but a little intimidating and unpleasant. Not like you care, though.

That sounds about right (except that I quit smoking 4 years ago).

4 Comments:

Anonymous cassie-b said...

What a nightmare. I hope you get things back in OK order quickly. I wish I could help you restore stuff.

Cas

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Bummer about the computer! Hope you can get that all back the way you like it.

I was Sandy Frink - the Alan Cumming character that leaves in a helicopter at the end. Didn't know I was such a geek!

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Jana said...

yep, just reinforces my belief that mom's get the short end of the stick about 99.9% of the time:) lol, hope you get in back soon. what a job!

2:23 a.m.  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'd be sick....but with a few cups of good robust coffee...I know you'll be up for the challenge!!

9:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home