Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tv? Reality? Tattoos? What?

All those who watch Amazing Race.....did ya'll just about have a stroke at the end, waiting to see if it was a non-elimination leg or not? I know I did. Ok. Maybe not a stroke. But it was very stressful. Those poor, poor hippies.

First off, I have to say, I hate those digging and searching tasks. There are always great teams that get eliminated because of them. And it's all about luck. Why don't they just send them to Vegas and have them play the slots to see who wins. I'd much rather the tasks involve some kind of skill.

And, since I am obviously now rooting for the hippies to win, that was stressful last night. But, it's OK, they're fine. Of any team that has EVER raced, they have the skills needed to get the money for the next leg. They are the most polite, friendly and respectful people ever to go on this show. Also, that imitation of Lake on the bus was the funniest AR moment ever!
Am I gushing?

On to something else.....who watched CSI NY (episode recap HERE)? I know. It was lame. Another stupid 'Tanglewood Boys' episode. Because we all think that's a believable facsimile of a New York gang. And that Sonny Sassone character is looking a lot crappier since the last episode he was in. But, of course, it was an opportunity for Danny to have a few of his big emotional overacting scenes that I HATE SO VERY VERY MUCH.

However, I was more interested in the last scene. The scene in which Stella realizes that her oh-so-dreamy older artist boyfriend (of which I can TOTALLY relate), Frankie Mala, is really a total perv and has put something creepy about her on the internet. For real. Go see. WWW.ARESANOB.COM . It's the character's last name, Bonasera, spelled backwards. And it's a real website. Only there's nothing on it yet but a quote. And it hints that he's not only a perv, but also a really creepy and scary stalker (of which I can also relate. What's with the older artistic types, man?).
Dudes. It's like real life and TV life have FINALLY merged!

I really do have a life outside of the TV, you know. I do.

For instance, I am going to go to a tattoo studio later this week to look at the artwork there. It's a really good place, rated in the top 3 in Canada. I don't have any 'tats' yet (did ya like the lingo there?). I have been reluctant to get one all these many, many years. Not because I don't like tattoos. I really do. But I've seen too many badly done tattoos to trust easily. And I have also spent all these many, many years trying to decide what I want to get.
They're permanent, ya know.
I once had the opportunity to train as a tattoo artist. I had to decline. It wasn't for me. I would hate to see all of my beautiful images, that I had worked on for hours or even days, get up and walk out the door forever. So sad.
So, now I think I have settled on what I want. Also, I would like to enjoy a tattoo for a few years before my skin sags right off my bones. I'm not telling what it is yet. But I'll show it off if it ever makes it's way onto my body.

Anyone have a tattoo? What is it? Where? Any horror stories? Hints and tips? Come on. Share.You know you wanna.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nichole R. said...

I ahve nine at the monet- scattered around, a few butterflies, some kanji, other miscellany. Goodl uck on getting yours (if you ever do)!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Nichole R. said...

and I can't spell.Sorry.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Allena said...

omg i was sooo upset this eppisode of AR i was beginning to think they weren't having a non-elimination round this series. thank God they did. i love the team. i call them scooby and shaggy and they are the best and totally crack me up. whoops now who's gushing! as for csi NY i'm totally wondering what it was on the net.. how horrible! i personally didn't like the sculpture he made her..but that's me. anyways i enjoyed reading your blog!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Marvie said...

I have one... on my big toe. It's a dragonfly. It hurt like the dickens, but I love it =)

I just read a great article about tattoos and I didn't save it anywhere (sorry, I even went through my history and couldn't find it) but the one thing that stuck was to make sure that when you go in for your tat, make sure you *see* them open up the supplies they plan to use on you, and make sure they have (and use) an autoclave to sterilize. Wish I could remember more....

4:31 PM  
Blogger *Crochet Mom* said...

I have 2 professional ones...
1. a red rose on my right breast
2. "Angel" in chinese writting just above my ankle on my left leg

I am going to be getting some more done...i want a tattoo that has all my children in there some how. I was thinking of doing something around the "angel" (names/first letter of thier names)because i got that done in memory of a child i lost in my 3rd month.
I also want to get another that revolves around Paul and I.
but i want to design them :) nothing has come to me yet so i wait....LOL
(i have pics of my tattoo's posted towards the beginning of my blog if interested)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I was never brave enough for a tat but if I did ever get one, it would be a butterfly on my shoulder blade.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Fadrah said...

OH MY GOSH~Coffee AND Crochet~ my two favorite things. Just ran across your site... LOVE IT!

Tattoos? Two actually, I have a Bull/lion face. It's morphed into one on my right shoulder blade, (son's a taurus, daughter's a leo) and then the leo sign on my right hip, for me. Need to figure out how to put something Virgo'ish with the other one for the baby. hmmmmm.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Chickity China said...

Also, that imitation of Lake on the bus was the funniest AR moment ever!


Wasn't it though? It was just as if Lake was sitting there! I am hoping the hippies win the race, but you know...I'd also LOVE to see Fran and Barry win. An older couple has never won yet and these two are my favourite older couple in all nine seasons. After seeing her do that bungee jump after being so scared, I really want them to do well. I'd at least like to see them in the top three, but for them to win would be great. But yes, I really do like the hippies. They're the team that is appreciating the sights and the scenery, they never complain about anything, and they are so much fun. Running to pit stops backwards, wearing t-shirts that say "Bowling" and "Moms" (did you notice that one??!!), and they do a lot of funny things (like hiding in the dark on the side of the road and scaring everyone as they drive in, and making that "official" sign up sheet). Aaaaaaahhhhh, I love that show!!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home