Sunday, April 09, 2006

Validation!

Saturday was spent driving around Eastern Ontario with my family, looking for little antigue shops that charge too much money. Why? Because it's what we do. We saw a great antique iron bedframe for my oldest's room that we have been after forever, but they are a bit hard to find in double. It had been refinished and he was asking 500 bucks. Um. No thanks. We eventually found a second hand furniture store with a very similar frame, but missing most of the footboard (we didn't care) and needs to be repainted. For 39 bucks. And I bargained down to 30 bucks. And no tax. Mwahahahahaha. I love it.

So, driving around, my youngest, who turns 4 tomorrow, wanted to play a game.

"Mom, you be me, and I'll be you, OK?"

This sounded a bit like a bad idea, but I decided to go along with it. It went a bit like this:

Me Pretending to Be Little Brat:
MooooOOOoommmm....I'm HuuuunnnGGrry.

Little Brat Pretending to Be Me:
We don't have any food. You can eat tomorrow.

MPTBLB:
But I'm STARVING to death, Mom! I want a cookie.

LBPTBM:
No.

MPTBLB:
Pleeeaaaaaaaaasssse?!?!

LBPTBM:
No. We don't have any.

MPTBLB:
You can make some.

LBPTBM:
Tomorrow.

(At this point, I detected a theme. She really does get fed. I swear. She has a tapeworm or something.)

MPTBLB:
But MOOooooOOOOoooooOOOOm.......I'm bored. What can I do?

LBPTBM:
Bug your sister and leave me alone.

MPTBLB:
But she doesn't want to play with me! MOM!!!!

Little Brat NoT Pretending To Be Me ANYMORE:
You know what mom.....being you is hard.

AHA! Validation!

6 Comments:

Blogger iida said...

Cute! :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.....That is too Cute!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is hilarious....your children know you pretty well...okay, except for the starvation thing!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Roe said...

I LIVE for those mom moments!! My favorite "antique find" was a Lane cedar chest for $10. It was in terrible condition on the outside but perfect inside. With some TLC it is now taking up residence in my family room. That's why we do it. That rare funky find.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

OH, how funny!

And thrifty finds are my favorite.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Don't you love an epiphany? Mwahahaha!!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home