Sunday, May 28, 2006

Crack!

DONE!

My projects to be published (upon final approval) are done and in the mail. And will hopefully go faster than normal Canada Post.

And if they are approved and published, I will brag about it endlessly. In May of 2007. When it will come out.

Wow. Talk about an annoying cliffhanger. I feel like the last episode of ER, leaving Abby bleeding to death on the floor with the love of her life helplessly handcuffed with a tube down his throat while he watches her fade away.

What the hell was with that, anyway? Are they trying to give me a stroke?

Anyway.

So, I am done with crocheting for a few days. I suppose. We were watching the sequel to Cheaper By the Dozen the other night (very funny, almost as good as the first) right after I finished the last peice of the last part of my endlessly mindnumbing projects and Hillary Duff's character was wearing a tank top with a big crocheted flower on it, and I commented to my husband that I liked the big crocheted flower on her tank top.

My husband, still sitting in piles and piles of leftover bits of yarn and little shreds of yarn cut off of ends in every possible color you can imagine, and a house that looks like a yarn store exploded, looks at me like I just told him that I'm leaving him for the bearded lady in the circus.

"What? You just spent that last few weeks doing nothing but crocheting. You've worked until your hands were throbbing and your head was spinning and you were muttering something about hating yarn in your sleep, and you are STILL talking about crocheting? Now? WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU? It's the yarn! You're an addict! It's like CRACK! Like HEROIN! You need help."

And then we continued watching the movie.

I'm not really addicted. I can stop yarn anytime I want.

I just don't want to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amilie said...

OMGosh!! I totally know what you mean by the last episode of this season of ER!! I watched it, and I was like "Oh I HAVE TO KNO MORE.. NO, DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THAT.. NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

I also watched CSI: Las Vegas too.. the end of that episode definitely let me hanging too!!!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

Crack! Herion! Stitchwork! All three are addictive. I have no desire to try two of these. Besides, I have no money left after buying yarn and fabric and thread....

4:23 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

just grab another cup of coffee and crochet your heart out!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

I spent about 8 years with knitting being that important to me.

I've been crocheting since I was 8, but never compusively. Constant, but not compulsive.

Good luck

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jaye said...

LOL! You're endlessly hilarious! Thanks for the continual laughs, Tara.


Congrats (from a long time lurker) on getting your projects done ~ that's wonderful!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home