Friday, May 05, 2006

Friend of a Friend Friday

I know. I'm a bad, bad blogger friend. But I've been busy.

Half of yesterday was spent at the car dealership getting the breaks fixed. And it was still very expensive. But at least they agreed with me that the whole 'can't hear the squealing because the windows are closed ' was STOOooooPID. And we laughed and laughed and how stupid that guy was. But I am still considering that maybe my wonderful minivan, which is only 4 years old, should possibly be painted yellow and decorated with little crocheted lemon fridgies.

And, since my husband likes to teach inappropriate things to the brat (as evidenced in the last post), she HAD to say at least one thing that made me want to drop her off in the toy section at Walmart and never look back.
Brat turned to the lady sitting next to her and asked "Do you know what French people smell like?"
(keeping in mind that my husband is French, but likes to make fun of his French family, I tried to stop her, but it was like one of those slow motion movie 'noooOOOoooo's where I just couldn't stop her in time) "They smell like red wine and sausages."

Well. Really. She's lucky she's cute. Hubby's cuteness didn't save him.


The other half was spent at my oldest's school play. In which she was a backstage prop geek. Which is great. I was a prop geek. That surprises you, doesn't it. I know what ya'll are thinking. '
What?! Tara wasn't the STAR of the show???? That's just impossible!'
But no, it's true. I preferred the darkness to the limelight. And I got to hang out with all the boys.
I wonder if that's why my daughter was a backstager. Oh. Crap.

Moving on.

My husband has been working from about 5am to 9pm every night for a few weeks. I know it's him that's working, but am I allowed to be exhausted by it, too?

I also now have a copy of every editorial calendar and the design guidelines for every crochet publication I could think of. I have been busy busy busy reading through them all and going through all of my design notes to decide what to concentrate on submitting. And also trying to figure out why they all remind us not to use a lower case letter L as the number 1. Who does that? Are there a large amount of people out there missing the 1 key from their keyboards? If you're one of those people, buy a new keyboard and stop ruining it for the rest of the class.
This design thing is tiring, but kinda fun.

So....
I have decided that today will be a visiting day. And extra pot of coffee day. I haven't been sleeping much. And, just to spice things up a bit, I've decided to not just visit friends, but also a few friends of friends. They will be chosen randomly from the sidebars of people I visit, and then I will post them a message letting them know they are a friend of a friend. And they will all be blogs that I have never visited before. And then I will post those new friends here. You know. To share. To promote. To make a happier and more euphoric blogland for everyone.

Just doing my part. No need to make me blush. I'm calling it Friend of a Friend Friday, and I plan on spending any free Fridays I have doing this. Ya'll can do it, too, if you want. Be a part of the euphoria.

Come on, you know want euphoria.

Today's Friends of Friends are:

Out of the Box

Flamingo Crochet

Rocks and Garbage

So, go visit them, if you have the chance. Tell them a friend of a friend sent you.

6 Comments:

Blogger SheCrochets said...

Given the unkind things people often say of French people, I don't think red wine and sausage is that bad. In fact, it just makes me hungry!

Can't wait to see your list of Friend of Friends; nice idea!

9:19 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Yay for you not putting up with male-service-industry-generated-bs!

The crochet dudes' podcast on craftmania touched a little on the topic of submitting designs in case you're looking for some hints and have an hour and a half to kill! Good luck!!

4:36 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Oops! Craftsanity, not craftmania!

6:00 p.m.  
Blogger fledchen said...

The lower-case l in place of a 1 dates back to typewriter days, when a lot of keyboards *didn't* have a 1 key. I don't know why they'd still have that in the guidelines, unless there are still a lot of people who submit typewritten patterns instead of computer-typed ones.

1:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Calypso said...

Hahahaha!

You are too funny. I enjoyed your blog.


Calypso

11:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Jodie said...

I was the back stage geek too. I did props, costumes and lighting stuff. I prefered staying back stage and hanging out over the pressure of remember lines, accents, character, etc.

12:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home