Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Strongly Dislike My Bathroom

I hate my bathroom.

Ok, fine. Hate is a strong word. But it's not my favorite bathroom, right now. Thankfully, it's not my only bathroom.

To be fair, I shouldn't really blame the bathroom. It's not his fault. Yes, I'm pretty sure my bathroom is a He.

My husband has been tiling the bathtub. And by tiling, I mean cutting and applying the actual tiles. The grouting? The cleanup? The touch-up painting? Apparently those tasks are not included in the tiling process.

So. He's done.

I'm not. My family gets here tomorrow. I have an entire house to clean along with a full half day worth of bathroom renovation. Not to mention the reno tornado clean-up. In the past, all instruments of interior torture have been stored conveniently in....the bathtub. Aka the Tool Shed. Very handy. Just close the curtain and TADA. No more tools.

Now that we have worked so hard at getting the bathtub in working condition, it would be a shame to just throw all the tools back in there.

Tempting, but a real damn shame.

So, I will be tromping up and down the stairs all day today, trying to figure out where to put away tools in hubby's workshop. It will be the equivalent to hubby sorting out my yarn for me. Only the tools are heavier. And sharper. And occasionally the size and shape of a 13 foot ladder.

Don't ask why a large ladder was needed to finish tiling a tub.

It seems that in order to do even the smallest reno job in this house, we must drag out every single tool and fixer-upper accoutrement available. And then run to Home Depot at least 6 times to pick up new ones.

So. Clean-up day. So very stressful.

But, I need to clean to impress my sisters.

I'm starting to think I should just drink wine until the house LOOKS clean.

4 Comments:

Blogger R2K said...

: )

9:53 AM  
Blogger Nichole R. said...

I'm putting in my vote for the "wine" plan.

11:07 AM  
Blogger .:Cris:. said...

(flops down beside Tara and demands she share the bottle) Ok, I brought my own.

And I sentence your hubby person to make you coffee every morning for the next month.

Men! LOL

Enjoy your family, and thanks for dropping by my blog. I enjoy reading yours.

Cris~

6:42 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I completely understand the bathroom thing. But mine is probably worse. Looks like someone threw a bomb in there and it went off. Now my hubby tried and at least yours can grout, mine cant. LOL Just drink the wine and the mess will disappear..... I know I am the same way when family comes, I even get the carpet shampooer out and clean the carpets. Hope it goes good for you.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home