Monday, June 19, 2006

A Big, Fat Geek Wedding

Have you ever been to a geek wedding? I highly recommend it.

No matter how geeky my friends think I am, I didn't even come close to this crowd. The head table alone consisted of six physicists, one chemist and a zoologist.

The speeches were long and drawn out and were apparently very funny.....if you get science jokes. The loud snorts and guffaws told me that it was indeed very funny.

My husband could not start a conversation in the men's room lineup with 'Hey, how's it goin'?' but a well timed 'Who do prefer, Riker or Picard?' got the tongues a-wagglin'.

Working the phrase 'Come on, it's not rocket science!' into the conversation as much as possible is a lot funnier than you can imagine.


I am sure I will never again see so many single men try so very hard to catch the garter. And plan out strategies beforehand. With a pen and paper.

If you ever have the good luck to witness an 80's style dance floor dance-off between two nerds, you will never forget it. Ever.

Double daring geeks to eat entire roses (including the stem) is a surprisingly successful endeavor. Especially when they are drunk.

You are absolutely guaranteed to be, by default, sitting at the cool table. And no matter how much you normally suck at dancing, you will definitely be, by default, the best dancer there.

If you are going to attend a geek wedding, please keep this simple equation in mind:

Open bar + the sudden ability to dance like Shakira + an open bar (hey, there was a LOT of booze) = a slight case of dance floor whiplash, Father's Day brunch spend on the floor of the bathroom stall praying for sudden death, and a husband with rose breath.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

That sounds like a blast...LOL

10:49 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

that sounds like A LOT of fun!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

OMG, that is hilarious! The head table line sounded like a very funny joke. I really hope somebody got the dance off on tape! (I'm picturing in my head the scene of Stifler in the gay bar in American Wedding- yessss.)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home