Friday, June 09, 2006

Friend of a BLEEPING Friend Friday

I know. Your'e all DYING to see my picks for Friend of a Friend Friday. And I'll get to them. But I want to rant a little bit first, ok? If you really can't wait, just scroll to the end of the post.

Just ignore my tears on the way there. Sniff.

RANT ON....

I'm really, really, busy right now. More company coming, of course. My aunt-in-law is coming later today. I have a TON of cleaning to do before then. Because apparently the building of a shed renders the occupants of my house useless. USELESS. And all of the housework has been left to me. And, really, come on people. I have BLEEPING Photoshop, now.

So, cleaning all day. Then, more cleaning and shed building all weekend. I will determine which one is done more when I see how much rain there is. And quite honestly, I'm hoping for rain. Because then all of the BLEEPING useless household members previously discussed will be held hostage in this house. Mwhahahahahaha.

Then, next wednesday, my dad and stepmom get here. That's also my one year bloggiversary. But don't expect to see much of me. I'll be entertaining the masses.

The next weekend will be spent in Toronto for my cousin's wedding, trying to avoid all sorts of family members that live and breathe just to torment me. And I don't think I will even have my BLEEPING spectacular wedding shawl to stun them into silence with. Because I will be busy. Cleaning, shed building and entertaining the BLEEPING masses.

This seems to be a theme with me, doesn't it? All this cleaning and entertaining. Why? What happened? I'm a BLEEPING artist, dammit. I should be hanging out in my own little studio somewhere, creating some sort of art. Not cleaning BLEEPING toilets. Toilet cleaning does not involve paint and canvas and clay and nude male models.

Ok, so fine. Crochet designing doesn't use nude male models, either. Much.

But, cleaning I must do. because apparently that is what fate has in store for me. Clean, clean, and clean some more. Until I am too old and weak to pick up a sponge and throw it at whoever left those DAMN DIRTY CLOTHES ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR!

...RANT OFF.

Now, for today's Friends of Friends you should go visit:

Smatterings
Jinglelady's Crochet
The Other Side of the Pom

Also, go check out my tenant. Click on the thumbnail in the sidebar.

If anyone has a friend with a new crochet/photoshop/family/knitting/funny/etc (pretty much anything at all) blog, and they would like to see them listed on a friend of a friend friday post, please email them to me at coffeecrochet@hotmail.com

9 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

I absolutely adore your tag line! Here from Michele's. :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger ~A~ said...

Here from Michele's too. Love LOVE your tag line. It's so true, the more coffee I drink the fast my stupid stuff comes to me.

Cleaning sucks. Just shove it all in boxes and then in to the closet. If you haven't dug it out by next year, you really didn't need it so you can just take it to Goodwill. :)

Happy weekend.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ugh! I hate cleaning. I shimmy out of it whenever possible.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Best of luck with getting your cleaning done before the company arrives and a happy in advance blog anniversary.

Suzanne

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Now don't you feel better now that you vented???? Now go clean that toilet!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I have moved my blog to earthwhisper.wordpress.com

Cleaning gets in the way of our craft!

Dare I say...it could be worse, you could find another armpit zit...

12:35 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Best put on a pot of coffee and get to it, even though it sucks. Just think of all of us out there doing in with you! Wanna race? LOL!!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

Thanks for the links. I'm off to pay them a blog visit.

Sorry about the bleeping toilets, etc.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home