Friday, June 02, 2006

Friend of a Friend Friday!

I don't want ya'll thinking I have abandoned crochet completely. I really haven't. In fact, I've started a shawl for myself with hexagon motifs, to be worn at the wedding of a cousin that I used to live with, but was never really close to. I wasn't planning to go, but then my aunt called and said the numbers of people attending are pretty low, and they paid A LOT of money for it (my uncle has to leave retirement and work for 2 more years to pay for it), so she is trolling for guests. And, since my dad and stepmom will be there, and it's only a 6 hour drive from us, and I have a really great excuse to make a shawl that blows all of their snobby knitter* minds, I figured 'What the heck!'

Besides....it's an open bar.

But, new shawl aside (which I will show pics of as it progresses), I have not really been crocheting much. And I think we all know why. Photoshop is somewhat addictive. Not as much as yarn, but not far behind.

So, today's friends of friends may be graphic involved as well as fiber involved. It took a bit more searching through blogrolls, but heck, I'm on the computer anyway, right?

Today you should go see:

Big Girl Feet (brilliant graphics and a great knitter, too!)
The Worsted Witch (more brilliant graphics, and I LOVE the name!)
My Hobby Blog (Another crocheter and photoshopper)


And, for anyone interested in photoshop tutorials, here are a whole PILE of great ones. I may need a few extra days to get through them.

Janee's Photoshop Tutorials


*Sidenote: I don't think ALL knitters are snobby. I usually envy their skills. But some of them, like my aunt and the lady that owns the only LYS store around here, don't consider crocheting. They just don't consider it. And if it does cross their minds, they just wrinkle up their nose and act like they stepped in dog poop. But AI don't think all knitters are like that. I like most of you. Really.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Sparkling Diamond said...

I hope your gorgeous wedding shawl amazes and delights everyone! I too am a photoshop addict...my prob is what to do with all the stuff I create? LOL
Off to see the Blogs you posted.

Here from Michele's

9:34 a.m.  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

I'm always impressed with people who can make shawls, afgans, etc. since I can't. Have fun with photo shop!

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Chatty said...

visiting via Michele's. Great blog. I knit and mess it up all the time! LOL

10:01 a.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me to see you, Tara. It's been too long since my last visit.

I love to play in Photoshop also. It's just so easy to be creative there. I hope you have a great time at the wedding, Tara--and the open bar!

10:08 a.m.  
Blogger Jana said...

awesome job on the photoshop! photoshop looks like math to me. my brain cant do math. good thing people like you are around!

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Fadrah said...

I'm in vegas and thought there would be some yarn shopping, being from bo'dink Idaho, NOPE, run of the mill craft store and KNIT shops. I acidently mentioned crochet in Gail's Knits... oops. Apearantly the only thing crochet hooks are good for there are tying in loose ends.

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Well shoot, I sure hope you don't think I'm a snob. sniff sniff :OP I've been crocheting for about 21 years or so and knitting for the last 2 or 3.

They serve very different purposes for me. Crochet is more for durable items. There is no way I would knit a whole afghan. Not even on huge needles. My bags tend to turn out better in crochet too. But when it comes to sweaters and socks, knitting can't be beat.

Knitting takes so dang long though. Heck, I swear I can crochet in my sleep with no problem. I've even done some washcloths in the dark just to prove to myself that I could. hehehehe

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Allena said...

oh i don't like it when knitters act like crochet isn't good. i do both and enjoy them both. they each have differnt attributes and make pretty things. i'm looking forward to your shawl i'm sure it will be beatutiful. and it will Kock their socks off.
your photo shop looks great! good job thanks for the links i'm going to check them out.

11:04 p.m.  
Blogger ladylinoleum said...

I've known how to knit and crochet since the age of 7 and I think those that are wonky over one or the other are just silly. People need to chill out and just get to work...LOL

5:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home