Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Here's a question for ya'll.....

What the heck is so darn fascinating about a freshly mopped floor, that every child, pet and husband must IMMEDIATELY walk on it while it is still wet?

And in the same vein.....

Why can the parties mentioned above (well, minus the pets), when there are no clean towels to be found, use the same damp and smelly towel they found on the floor and be happy with it (ew), BUT....if there is drawer full of freshly laundered towels they must then use every single one of them for their very next bath/shower? WHY?

Also, why does building a shed count as contributing to the household, but crocheting a pretty throw pillow does not?

AND.....who the hell is hiding around the corner with handful of animal fur just waiting for me to finish putting away the vacuum cleaner so that they can pile it up in every corner and behind every door in the house? WHO?

I'm serious. I want answers. Or a vacation. Either one will do.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Valbee said...

When my boys were young, I lived by what I called "Mother's Law," a ripoff of Murphy's Law:

"A freshly-mopped floor will always have Kool-Aid or juice spilled upon it within one hour of said mopping."

And it never failed.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

this is the very reason i no longer mop my floors. just kidding, well, sort of. i use my swiffer wet jet alot and it dries fast. familes can be real pains in the behinds.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Why does a clock run clockwise....why does toilet water run the opposite way in Australia...questions we may never know...

4:35 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

forget the answers... go for the vacation!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Fadrah said...

vacation helped for a week, problems still persist once over. Summer vacation for kids means more messes for mom too.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Just send the kids and hubby away...LOL

10:24 AM  
Blogger karen said...

When you get the answers, please let me know, too.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Although my family will deny it, I think they do this kind of stuff just to piss me off! Grr!

It's nice to be needed, isn't it?

7:51 PM  
Blogger SheCrochets said...

You DO need the vacation. And maybe a glass of wine. :-)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

I think it's a conspiracy! It happens here too!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home