Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Edge of the Shawl


So, even though the actual pattern isn't mine, I guess I can at least tell ya'll (by request of Jana) how I did the edging (it's also a great excuse to use the photo I photoshopped for use in the pattern that I can no longer publish. Isn't it pretty?). The original plan was to do the fringe, but I totally ran out of time and finished the edging about 20 minutes before the wedding while sitting on the bed in my hotel room. And there was no time for frogging, either, so I was really happy how it turned out without even trying.

Please keep in mind that I made my shawl SLIGHTLY different that the one I accidently copied (
THIS ONE), since I wasn't using the pattern. You would maybe have to adjust or improvise a little. But, here is what I did:

Edgeing row 1:
Ch 5, 1 trc in 1st trc, [1 trc, ch 3, 1 trc] all in next trc, skip 2 trc,* [1 trc, ch 3, 1 trc] all in next trc, skip 2 trc, repeat from * until center chain space, [1 trc, ch3, 1 trc, ch3, 1 trc, ch 3, 1 trc] all in center space, skip 2 trc, continue repeating from * until end of row, turn.

Edgeing row 2:
Ch 3, 4 trc into 1st ch 3 space, 1 sc into top of next trc, * 5 trc all in next ch 3 space, 1 sc into top of next trc, repeat from * until end of row. Fasten off.

Yup. It's that easy.


Oh, and I AM working on another shawl. It's a bit different than this one. You'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

I like your version much more! Thank you for sharing how you did it :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Vik said...

This shawl is beautiful!!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Gorgeous shawl! What yarn did you use? Regular acrylic WW? It looks so soft. And I love the edging.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

awesome!!!! thanks tara!!!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home