Friday, July 07, 2006

Friend of a Friend Friday :The Lurkers


I've noticed a lot of new faces on my comments lately. And that's GREAT! Welcome! I'm so glad to see ya'll here and to find new and fun blogs to read. It makes me wonder just how many lurkers are out there. Twelve? A Billion? Who knows?

So, for today's Friend of a Friend Friday, I'd like some of my lurkers, who have never posted before, to come forward. Just say hey. Because ya'll found my site somehow, and likely it was through a link from someone else. Just like I get all of my friend of a friend links.

Come on. Don't be shy. I know, I'm not the best advocate for de-lurking. I'm a lurker through and through. But don't use me as an example. If I went and jumped off the CN Tower, would ya'll jump too?
(What? I'm in Canada. The CN Tower is closer. I'm not going all the way to San Francisco to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. Although, I have driven over it. Or rather, I've been in a car that has driven over it. Twice, actually. And I was sleeping both times. That kinda cheesed me off, since I almost NEVER sleep on a road trip, and I am all about seeing the cool sights. What the hell was I talking about again????)

So. Anyway. Ahem. Lurkers.....come forth. Promote yourselves. I dare you.

Everyone else, go visit the recently de-lurked.

Oh, and go visit my tenant, too. Thumbnail in the sidebar. Click it.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Bonnie said...

I am a chronic lurker and don't recall if I've ever de-lurked or commented here before.I either found your site via a search for something crochet or on some other crafty blogroll.

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I think I may have commented once or twice before, but I still feel like a lurker. I'm sure I found you on some other crocheter's blogroll. It's hard to find a good crochet blog these days...it seems everyone is knitting (blech). :o)

11:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I am a lurker and very, very new to actually writing one of these things. So congratulations! You get to be the recipiant of my very first official blog post! ^_^ Is it too late to say that I loved the Shawligan?

I think I found a link to your blog on Crafster...or on another blog I found from Crafster, I can't remember.

11:57 a.m.  
Anonymous annette said...

I'm the biggest lurker out here since I discovered all the crochet blogs. Love em all.
And I loved your dancing shawl pic.
annette

1:57 p.m.  
Blogger Trish said...

HUGE Luker for a long time now, I love ya! Your crochet creations are great! And the reading material is damn great too :)

Trish
http://aquadshotyarn.blogspot.com/

2:06 p.m.  
Anonymous jchinique said...

Found you through the blog search at bloglines.com, your site is wonderful :)

2:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anne said...

Boss, de lurk! de lurk!

*ahem* back into lurkdom.

4:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Mandy said...

I suppose I can de-lurk for a moment. Not sure where or when I found your blog, but I love it. I'm not very good at posting much on mine (mumbo.star-bear.com) but I do try - every once in a while.

Anyway, great stuff here. Maybe I'll even post again sometime...

- Mandy in NC
www.purplehook.com

6:03 p.m.  
Blogger aj said...

Ok, I've been lurking for a bit but I'll say hi!

I think I saw you on Sue's blog a few weeks ago and I've been checking in regularly since!

9:26 p.m.  
Blogger Brandy said...

Ok Ya know I say hi once in a while. I so do love reading some of your stuff. When I need a good laugh I come to your page. YOu have a way to tell a story that is great!!!! Have a Great Weekend!!

10:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Maenwyn said...

Hello, from the Knitting Nerd. I found you on the Crochet and Hook list, a good while ago, and have been reading ever since. Love the stories, the exercise is a good one.

11:06 p.m.  
Blogger karen said...

ok. I lurk, too. I thoroughly enjoy your blog.
and I have commented a few times. I've even made your PJ bag. twice.
Hi from Alberta.

12:29 a.m.  
Blogger Sonia said...

Hi! I'm a new lurker! I just came across you, and thought how cute is the friend of a friend! Waht a neat idea!
You have crochet some beautiful things, Keeep up the great work!

4:32 a.m.  
Blogger Vik said...

Such a cute picture! I´m a cat lover too! ;)

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger a duck said...

I can't remember if I've posted here or not, but I'm a chronic lurker, so chances are kinda slim.

You always make me laugh, so I come read regularly!

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm not a lurker but dang if I can remember how I discovered your blog! No matter, I love to read it.

1:01 a.m.  
Blogger brwnigrl1 said...

I just found your site over the weekend but I'm a lurker of grand proportions. I've never posted a comment on a blog ever but I wanted you to know where I found you.
www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet

I saw coffee and crochet in the same line and I knew I'd found a kindred spirit. :) I love your work!!

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

hey.... I lurk because I barely have time to read. COffee....

10:01 a.m.  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

I'm a little late to the post-lurking party, I think. Just wanted to tell you, I enjoy your caffinated wit and good humor.

9:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home