Friday, July 28, 2006

Friend of a Friend Friday

It's a bit late. I know. I slept in.

Ya know when you wake up all refreshed in the morning? And then you realize that it's because it's 10:30 and you slept in HOURS past your usual morning wake-up time? And then your sleep fogged brain finally clues in that your four year old NEVER sleeps past 8:00 in the morning, at which point she ALWAYS comes into your room and in that oh-so-cute-and-entirely-annoying way starts poking and begging for food? So then your first thought (although it would be more rational had you been brought a coffee in bed but when the hell does THAt ever happen) is that she's dead? That she somehow twisted herself up in blankets until she was trapped face down on a pillow? With the cat holding her down? So you go running into her room to heroically perform CPR and chase away the cat, only to find her happily sitting on her bed reading a story about a princess to said murderous cat?

Don't you hate when that happens? It's OK. I have my coffee now.

So, today's friends of friends that you should go visit are:

Back to the Drawing Board

Cakeyvoice

Brain Smatter

Asuming they all woke up OK. Go vivist my tenant, too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous susie said...

Hi! Here via Michele's. I love your blog! So pretty! ITA about the basements and purses becoming havens for crap eventually. Ugh. DH and I tend to purge things in spring and fall.

11:36 a.m.  
Anonymous MissMeliss said...

Hello, Michele sent me. And I think if you love coffee as much as I do we are kindred spirits. In any case, I'll be back.

11:46 a.m.  
Blogger Cin said...

Hi there - here from Michele's. Love the Friend of a Friend idea.

Will visit again soon!

11:46 a.m.  
Blogger Darlene said...

It's amazing how "unrational" our thoughts are when we just wake up. I mean, we can have a thousand things go thru our head in the matter of 2.5 seconds. And none of them really make sense. I'm an early bird as well, and a few weeks ago I slept until 11am on the weekend - I figured I wasted the day away and nothing could possibly get done because it was clearly almost bedtime again, so I stayed in bed the entire day.

11:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Valbee said...

I'm so jealous that you were able to sleep until 10:30. I need a 7-day weekend.

12:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home