Thursday, August 03, 2006

Call Me Mrs. Scrooge

What do sane and normal people do when they need to scrimp and save and scrounge every quarter stuck between the couch cushions?

What do rational people who are on a budget do? People who are about to go on a 3 week road trip with their kids and want as much saved money as possible for the most fun possible?

Anyone?

Ya. I don't know either.

I just bought my husband concert tickets for an anniversary present.

His fav band, The Dropkick Murphy's, are playing in Ottawa with Bad Religion. I don't particularily care about music or concerts, but he likes when I go with him. We went to one concert in Boston a couple of St.Patrick's days ago and it WAS a lot of fun.

But that's IT. That's our anniversary date. No dinner. No snacks. No slushie at the corner store.

I'm such a sucker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nichole R. said...

We live on a pretty tight budget, so when we need extra money, we cut out all the extras, we're even cheaper on the groceries and have more hamburger helper than usual. I have to write out the complete budget every month or whole checks vanish...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

A yard sale, maybe? Got any gold coins or old silver spoons laying around? Yeah, me neither.

Looks like a fun show, by the way. Here's to hoping you at least get an anniversary slushie out the deal.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

No wonderful advice for you, but I would like to wish you a happy Anniversary!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home