Monday, August 07, 2006


Good Monday Morning, everyone.

I'm having a slight panic day (ok, fine, week). There's just been a lot more in the news lately regarding Afghanistan and my husband's new job and all that. And, while he is currently in a place no more dangerous than Boy Scout Summer Camp, I'm in a place (mentally) where I can't stop imagining the future. Stupid future.

It's not a big deal. I'll be fine. I just need to let myself panic every once in a while. It's like releasing steam. And he'll be home on Thursday. Where I can keep some tabs on him.

And, since I barely slept at all last night (which was less boring due to the dashing company of Indiana Jones on DVD), I am going to spend the morning drinking coffee and playing around with some Doodles.

I'll be more interesting later on today, probably.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

he'll be fine. And DON"T watch the news. It only mkae you, me, and every other wife worry. :P

10:40 a.m.  
Blogger Tara said...

I stopped watching the news on TV during his first tour there, and reading the newspaper on his second tour there,lol.
My problem now is talk radio. I'm a junkie. Maybe a third tour will cure me of that. ;)
LOL.

10:47 a.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

my heart breaks for you.. hurry up thursday! a blog you should visit: http://thelongestyear.typepad.com/my_weblog/ she is crafting away her time while hubby is deployed.
someone linked your doodles page in a comment on my blog the other day, i went and am fascinated!! how do you do that?!? your work is sooo cute!!!!
pssst, email me, i have a proposal for ya :D

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

forgot to say, i'm a talk radio junkie, too. who are your faves?
i love love love glenn beck.
i like sean hannity, but he can get on my nerves after a while...

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger Brandy said...

I hope he is safe and I know all will be well. Thursday will be here in no time flat!!! Love your doodles!!

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger aj said...

I was once a military wife in a past life.. I know how agonizing those last days can be before they come home. But they'll pass quickly and he'll be home before you know it!

12:09 a.m.  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

It's hard when you have to wait. I was a Navy wife for quite a few years, and I know how hard it is to wait.

Cas
come on - Thursday!

7:52 a.m.  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Well i was over at Michele's and saw that you wanted to have dinner with steven harper and i just HAD to come over and see who this girl was. personal political feelings aside.. love your blog and as a fellow ontarioan..(is that a word???) i will be back!

3:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home