Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Meeeellllllttttttiiiing

Due to the +48°C temperature here (that's about 118°F for the Americans), and the extremely high humidity, I am currently existing in the form of a liquid. I am a puddle. As you can imagine, being a liquid makes it exceedingly difficult to type. What with the keyboard being a solid. It's all very scientific. I believe the risk of electrocution is greater, as well.

Also. More storms. Big, fat, juicy thunderstorms. Which in a more normal part of the world would bring relief from the heat. But not here. It just makes it hotter. And increases the risk of electrocution. Assuming of course that we don't lose power all together.

So, I am turning off my computer. No, not standby. Off. Stop gasping. It happens sometimes. I'll be OK. I went to the library and got some books and movies.

I'll be back. When I regain the solidity of my limbs again.

6 Comments:

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Hang in there woman. We finally got a reprieve from the heat (that went on for 2 months straight). I will be sending you buckets of virtual ice cubes right snappy.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Hey Tara... I need your photoshop ablities. If ya think ya can help little old me I would greatly appreciate.. More like a little tutorial would be good.

BTW I know all about the heat... WE are melting here too.. Storms are due late tomorrow nite and then cooler temps. Some relief.

9:35 PM  
Blogger *Crochet Mom* said...

my parent live in cornwall and thier house gor struck with lightening yesterday and fried thier phone lines! *yikes*...I so hear ya on shutting off the puter.
we;re sitting at 48 earlier (118.4?)...that was HOT HOT HOT.
Our central air couldnt keep up with the heat/humidity outside..house was 27 instead of what i wanted it to be of 22! LMAO.
it's cooled off 10 degree's so far...
Hope you have cooler weather comming up your way!!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh man! We just got over a ridiculous heat wave. Your post is funny as heck even though the weather isn't.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

A break from the heat is coming!! We had it last week... this week? below normal. (good, my AC broke in that heat).

11:13 AM  
Blogger Vik said...

I wish I could send you some cold from our argentine Winter! ;)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home