Thursday, September 14, 2006

ME

Little Brat just go on her 1st schoolbus for her 1st day of Kindergarten. Which is great. I got photos, but they are on my Flintstones camera. So you can't see them until the woodpecker carves the image into a slab of rock. I hear Walmart does that.

You'll have to forgive me for not being overly sappy and gushing. Partly because I did all of this 8 years ago. Actually, if you count all of the different 'first days' due to moving and other school changes, I've done this A LOT.

And she's not scared, or shy, or worried. She's more concerned with what she can say to make her teacher laugh. And as happy as I am for her, I'll be honest. I'm more happy for ME.

ME. Today is about ME. Because I get to go to work today. For a 3 hour shift, while she is in school. And I have waited a LONG time to work a real day shift.

ME. Not her. ME.

But now I have to go in the minivan and drive to her school to meet the bus, just to make sure she got there OK. But that's more for me than her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Valbee said...

But now I have to go in the minivan and drive to her school to meet the bus, just to make sure she got there OK. But that's more for me than her.

You're so cute. :) Congrats on having time for YOU! And have a great first day at work!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I can't say I was all teary eyed on my son's first day of school many years ago either.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous aj said...

YAY! YOU time! It's now two weeks into my boys being at school and I'm still enjoying my ME time!

Have a great first day at your new job!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Me time is soooo much fun!! I have however forgot what me time is like due to my hubby who is home and never goes anywhere and does anything... I NEED A VACATION SERIOUSLY BAD!!!!!!!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home