Thursday, September 14, 2006

Purple Turkeys Howl at the Moon

Ya. That title. It's a code. You know. A secret code.

What's that? What does the code mean? Gosh. I can't tell you. It's a secret. Duh.

And that, my dear blogger friends, is a small sample of what some of my posts may look like from now on. Due to the career of a certain husband of mine (although I can't tell you which one, it's very hush hush), I cannot write about some specifics in our life together.

For example, I can't tell you when he is home or away. Or what he does or who it's with. What size his underwear is, his favorite food, etc. In fact, just forget I have a husband.

I can talk about yarn and crocheting and the kids and my new AWESOME Dollarama job. But not my husband.

Because Mum's the word, ya know. My lips are sealed.

I know I have brought him up a time or two before. But forget whatever I said. I mean it. Forget everything I ever mentioned about him. I am even supposed to delete posts that give away some info. And I already have (I hope). For those of you who have been faithful Tara Stalkers (Hi, stalkers! Love ya!), and have printed up all of my posts and taped them to the Tara shrine that was once the tool wall in your garage or the inside of your mom's buffet hutch, please dispose of them now. Those posts are for people who are 'in the know'. And you, dear stalkers, are not in the know. Hell. I'M not even in the know.

So, in the future, as far as this blog is concerned, I am a single mom. And if I start acting a little wacky and stressed out and say something crazy like 'Purple Turkeys Howl at the Moon', you'll know that I have an alleged husband somewhere on the alleged planet earth and I am worried and freaking out but I am not allowed to discuss it. But I can talk yarn, so that's OK.


12 Comments:

Blogger Red Rocket said...

Well, at least you and Mr. Anonymous make a lovely couple.

My husband's gone about three weeks of every month and I can't even say it's for something so cool as covert operations. But from one "single mom" to another, I feel for ya. I do.

P.S. Congrats on the job!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Congrats on the job! I won't even bring up the topic of your husband. I'll just pretend you don't have one and won't say a thing about your husband. My lips are sealed on the subject of your husband. Not even a hint about the man you married. Nice photo by the way even though we can't see your husband.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

What husband???

11:16 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

So, Ms. Tara (if that's your real name), Mr. Anonymous will never be mentioned again. It's kinda like a James Bond thing I guess...I love a good mystery.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

Congratulations on getting the job. I hope you enjoy it.

I guess you got into some spouse trouble.

Cas

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

LOL, no. These orders come from the secret police that he works with. I didn't specifically get in trouble. It was just a general 'NEVER BLOG ABOUT US' rule. I guess a few people have been blogging some really sensitive info.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

And by 'secret police', I don't mean police that are secret, I mean police that make sure the rest of us keep secrets.

They are not actual police.

Not that I told you that.

9:32 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Wow, Tara. You have become the ultimate mysterious woman!
And glad to hear that you got the job. That's pretty cool. Have you started yet?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous aj said...

Ooooooh mystery, suspense, drama, and codes!!

It's almost like a soap opera.

Except your blog is way better than a soap opera. I mean, those people don't HAVE secrets. They tell everyone. It's so disappointing.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

you have a blog??

2:14 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Loose lips sink ships, Tara.

3:54 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Wishing you lots of yarn and a safe turkey.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home